Nextbox 3 losing Dolby Digital using Optical cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digigraphx
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nextbox 3 losing Dolby Digital using Optical cable

I didn't want to say anything out loud but my audio has not changed back to  PCM since I rebooted last Thursday. Now its on to other issues. I do notice intermittannt flashing and audio droppouts lasting about 2 seconds. Most of this seems to be on recorded programs.

I guess if what youdownloaded was a fix for audio it did not do anything for the droppouuts or video flashes. Can you tell me if I have to install this update manually or if its automatic?

digigraphx

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All firmware is downloaded to the STB automatically. The timing can vary depending on your location, with it taking several weeks for the firmware to be rolled out to everyone.

Firmware version is found by going to the troubleshooting section of your menu. Settings - ^ - Troubleshooting, Select - > System Info (or "About")

Regarding flashing/dropouts, you may wish to e-mail the originating channel and copy Rogers. For example, PBS Seattle had an issue with "Flashing"  and Closed Captioning back in mid-July.  I e-mailed PBS Seattle and the issues were resolved.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing to check, the flashing / dropouts happened a lot on 1080p.
Wondering if the update may have reset it to 1080p?

Try changing it to 1080i

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just an UPDATE to the overall Audio issues with the NB3.

• Dolby Digital to PCM drop - looses DD5.1 and switches to PCM2.0, often requiring a reboot to fix.
  • High pictched noise in a high frequency range - seemed to happen at the same time.

There is a new update currently being pushed out to the NB3s.

From some reports from a few other forums with users who have received this update, it appears that the droping issue, has quite possibly been resolved.

One user has reported that the HDMI-CEC issue may have been fixed as well.

View solution in original post

digigraphx
I'm Here A Lot

Seems that this update 500123 has fixed the issue of signal switching DD 5.1 to PCM. Have not rebooted for a week and a half. Short audio dropouts though. Shorter than before.

Like the man said "Getting better all the time"

Was told to swith video output on NB to 1080i.

digigraphx