Nextbox 3 Signal Strength Readings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Nextbox 3 Signal Strength Readings

Well after having a tech out, calling 2 times, Rogers still doesn't believe anybody is having the DD loss on the NB3.  They tell me all is fine, so will be switching back to the 8642, asking for the old guide back and calling retentions to get my box for free.  These boxes are not worth a penny of my money!

Thank you all for your help.

I'm an Advisor

Square:

Sorry to hear the tech couldn't do anything except say there's no problem. I just love people like that. Let us know how returning the box and going back to a 8642 works for you.

I'm an Advisor

After spending a couple of days with firmware 4.0.0.130, I'm cautiously optimistic that the audio drop out problem has diminished significantly. I'm still using Dolby Digital and Audio Range normal as mentioned in another post above. I have a few older recordings made before 130 and, so far, the ones I've watched have been OK. Even CTV News has been good the last couple of days.

I Plan to Stick Around

Could just be timing.  We still have the same NB3 and the sound has been working fine here for the past few days. Either way, it's a good thing and I hope it lasts this time. 

Our only problem now is sometimes the picture goes to a black screen for about 1-2 seconds at a time, and when it happens it goes off and on sporadically.  For sure it happens while watching recordings, can't remember if it does that on live tv or not, I'll have to look out for that.   If I rewind, I can see what I missed so it's not like it recorded like that.  I don't know if it's just us or a cable thing or what.  

I'm an Advisor

Not_A_Fan_74:

Did you get the update for 130 or are you still on an older firmware version? I've never had a blank screen problem going back to my first NB 3 box, which I got in early August. Advice from some other posters always suggest blank screens = signal problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Blanks are either normally signal issues (usually loose auido as well), or can be HDMI related as well.

I would make sure to turn off any HDMI CEC features on the TV, just to make sure that it is not causing the black screens.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Gdkitty, will look into that.

jimboden wrote:

Not_A_Fan_74:

Did you get the update for 130 or are you still on an older firmware version?

How do I check for that?
I'm an Advisor

Not_A_Fan_74:

I assume you know how to get into the Service Menu. Just in case, though, press and hold exit for a few seconds until you see the blue power light flashing. Then press the down button twice, followed by 2.

The firmware version shows under Summary, which is at the top of the list in the Service Menu on the left. The SW (firmware) version and date are on the right at the top of the screen.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, I had no clue, lol, but your directions worked, thanks.  it says 4.0.0.130 Sept. 9.  Guess I was updated too then. 

I'm an Advisor

Just found another interesting "glitch" with release 130. I've had a couple of series set up to record either daily or weekly on channels 509 (Sportsnet360 HD) and 518 (CTV HD). Last night, I happened to notice that both of these channels' recordings were made on their "lower" channels, despite the fact that I set them up as described. So, CTV recordings are showing up as channel 8, and Sportsnet360 are on channel 53. As I learned in another thread, these lower channels "auto sub" up to the higher 500-type channels when you have the HD package. I have no idea why my recordings are suddenly being made on the lower channels. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I find this behavious really strange.

Topic Stats