Nextbox 3 Signal Strength Readings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3 Signal Strength Readings

For the last month or so.. there has been a bug.. where say you set a recording on the LOWER channel, scheduled.
When you go to look for it to make sure its there.. WHAT? its not there? But it was there up in the HIGHER version of that channel.

My wife noticed, that with all of our recordings last night, they all appeared in the LOWER channel where she had originally set them.
Wondering if they pushed out some sort of FIX, that has corrected the issue.. but MAY have forced some recordings specificaly set for those upper ones, down.
I would try re-scheduling that specific one on the upper and see if it reverts it again.

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Thanks for that. I'll probably try rescheduling them when I have nothing better to do. Right now, I'm back into audio problems yet again. I'm thinking about doing the factory reset that was suggested in another thread, but want to make sure I'm not going to lose all my recordings first. I'm very close to going back to my 8300 and ditching this box.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

For the last month or so.. there has been a bug.. where say you set a recording on the LOWER channel, scheduled.
When you go to look for it to make sure its there.. WHAT? its not there? But it was there up in the HIGHER version of that channel.

Yeah.  I'm getting that too.  Set on the lower end, changes to some other channel on who knows where on the higher end.

@Gdkitty wrote:

My wife noticed, that with all of our recordings last night, they all appeared in the LOWER channel where she had originally set them.

ooh!  I just checked.  Bummer, mine didn't revert back.  :b   But this gives me hope maybe they will.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i will keep checking this week.. could just be a fluke last night Smiley Tongue

I Plan to Stick Around

GDKitty, showed the husband your previous message about HDMI, he played around and made some change to something or other and so far (fingers crossed) we haven't had any black screen.  Woohoo, thanks!  (I think it was changing tv type to "1080i HDTV"?)

jimboden, tv is on and no audio issues here today.  (We usually have it at the same time, eh?)

OMG, it shouldn't be this hard!  Smiley Tongue

I'm an Advisor

Not_A_Fan_74:

Today I was sitting very close to my 27" display while watching a couple of recordings off HBO. Normally, I sit a few feet further back for TV watching. The display is also my computer monitor, so I decided to watch TV from close up while sitting in my office chair. The 2 shows were Real Time with Bill Maher and Boardwalk Empire. Real Time was flawless all the way through. Boardwalk Empire, on the other hand, had some audio drop outs and I noticed that each one was accompanied by a very brief video stutter. It wasn't repeatable after rewinding slightly each time and hitting play. I think it's possible the video stutter has happened before, but from a few feet further back it isn't noticeable because it happens for a fraction of a second, but always at the same time as the audio drop out, which would make sense. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. I know for a fact that there are no issues with my HDMI cable as I've done the usual swap between devices. I'm not using the Rogers one either and have it connected to a PS3, where it's working just fine.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I am also a new ownner of a NextBox 3.0. - less than a month old -. It seemed that for the 1st week or 2 all was fine but recently (within the last week) I have been experiencing the audio drops on both recordings and live tv, as well as the momentary blank outs on the screen - really annoying.

I did get a tech out last night and we tried various things - including changing to a new box and connecting directly to the TV via HDMI (vice through a AVR). Nothing made a difference still audio drops and occasional flickering screen. Supposedly another tech will be out this evening to further their research/testing, using componet inputs - I am not holding my breath as I agree with the consensus that this is an internal box issue and needs to be addressed soonest by Rogers/Cisco.

I left Bell for this?? Although at least the picture quality is very good - better than I remember it when I was last with Rogers.

What the **bleep** are we supposed to do? Can I get an older box from Rogers and use that, as others have mentioned??

I'm an Advisor

General_T:

Sorry to hear about your problem. Trust me, using component isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. Been there, done that, plus I've tried optical out as well. I also was getting audio drop outs when the NB was connected to my TV, which is how things were when I got it in early August. Subsequently, I bought a Denon AVR X2000 and have been using it since. I eventually swapped the box at a Rogers store, but nothing has changed. I do have the latest firmware version of 4.0.0.130. In another thread, I explain why I have given up on the NB 3 after 3 months of hassles here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-.... Some other people are not having these issues though, so it's a real conundrum.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If they are getting VIDEO dropouts as well as audio.. might be a different issue than just what you were experiencing jimboden?

I think a few which were having the video dropouts.. making sure the output is on 1080i (not p) and making sure HDMI CEC is off on the TV, got rid of the video dropouts. (though yes, the 5.1 audio dropouts might still exist)

As for OTHER boxes.. you might be able to find some 2.0 boxes at stores still.. though they are much slower compared to the new one.

the 8300s (much older box) are still avail on the shopping network as far as i last remember seeing.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Again,

How do you turn HDMI CEC off? I went through the menus and did not see an option for this?

I have another tech coming over tomorrow who is supposed to have 30+ years of experience. From what I have read I am not optomistic about him/her finding a resolution.

If he/she can't figure it out I will get a different type of box. Can you recommend which one would be best from Rogers?

Thanks