Nextbox 3 DNLD - anybody else seeing this?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3 DNLD - anybody else seeing this?

No prob.

Re authorizing boxes doesn harm anything.. guess it may have lost connection at some point durring the download/reboot.  (will have to remember that for next time someone has the same)

Just a heads up, you can from the automated menu when calling in, send re-authorization as well, as well as can do it from the myrogers website portal Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Much the same dnld tonight for several hours. Finally had to unplug, wait for reboot, wait, manually power on (not with remote). Did not get the shows I wanted to record earlier this evening. Had a similar incident a few days ago. Why would they push/force downloads at prime time?
I've Been Around

Twice this week the Cisco Nextbox Whole Home PVR has shown this dnLd msg and it NEVER goes away on its own. We have missed recording several shows as we don't see the box during the day while at work. I called and was immediately credited for the lost day of service. Nice gesture but... I still missed my shows!

It appears that the box is not finishing its reboot cycle after the download is complete. I have never tried to actually turn the box on with the dnLd displayed but when I did turn it on after the manual reboot (unplug/plug) the red "loading..." bar was on the screen so it IS doing something.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i have seen the DNLD message persist on the front of the box..

but by hitting power and turning the box on, it went away and was able to do nromal functions fine.

Might be worth having a tech out to double check that all the signal there is OK..that if its not, could be holding up the download process.

I've Been Here Awhile

After almost daily dnLd issues (needs a daily reboot or it will not record anything) Rogers sent a techie who said my cable signal was fine. If the problem persists, recommend I swap the Nextbox 3.0. Only a couple of weeks old.
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issue. I just got my Nextbox 3 on Saturday so I did not know if this is just part of the first time startup.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

seems like they are pushing out the .130 firmware to more areas now...

sounds like it may be having problems being downloaded/installed... AGAIN. Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

I have a nextbox 3 that has never worked, just displays an cd00 message, tech support does not help.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello paquemd

Most people that had that either exchanged it for another NB 3.0 or would do a reboot and fix the issues. It may take a few reboots but it worked.
I'm a Senior Contributor

I have been having this problem for a while. Current firmware is .129 from August. EVERY time it tries to push a dnld of the new .130 (I assume that is what it is trying to do - that's what Rogers tech support told me) if FAILS to reboot the machine. I can wait forever and it just will NOT complete.

I can reboot manually by unplugging etc and all return to "normal" except that the firmware is still the old firmware and any shows I was recording during the unplugging are of course lost or at best interrupted.

At this rate I will NEVER get any firmware upgrades. I don't know what problems .130 addresses but if the machine will not reboot itself and complete then I wish Rogers would stop pushing it.

ANd here it is trying again right in the middle of PRIME TIME. How inconsiderate (incompetent?) is that???????