Nextbox 3 DNLD - anybody else seeing this?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Nextbox 3 DNLD - anybody else seeing this?

Okay - It's Sunday morning, and we're ready for some weekend TV catch-up, but for the last half hour the Nextbox won't load, says it's downloading, and the display shows "dnld" - is this a normal length of time for a download? Why isn't the download happening in the middle of the night? Is anybody else having this issue?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3 DNLD - anybody else seeing this?

Normally should be middle of the night.

Sometimes the message stays on the box but can still turn on, but obviously this isn't the case for you.

If it doesn't change, try unpluging and reboot in it. Might force it to continue.

I'm an Advisor

I have seen downloads at all different times. A coupe of days ago, I had one at 9PM. Fortunately, I wasn't recording or watching anything at the time.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I too have seen downloads on my 8642 HD-PVR (not a nextbox)at various times of the day. Lately what I have noticed is that they start when I turn the TV and box off. I don't know if this is a new feature or coincidence but I like it and it is convenient.

Now I don't know what would happen if I had something scheduled to record but so far have had not conflicts..
I've Been Here Awhile

I have had the dnLd issues since last night and haven't been able to use my cable all day. Kind of frustrating, I had plans to record a couple of shows tonight and can't figure out why this "new software" installation is taking so long...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it's been since last night I would try rebooting it, shouldn't be that long.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@cadi wrote:

I have had the dnLd issues since last night and haven't been able to use my cable all day.

Call up Rogers. Tell them you want a credit for the downtime. Otherwise, switch to satellite and save yourself the grief.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay I rebooted and now it just shows the time and won't turn on. 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if its showing the time, it usually means its got past any DOWNLOAD spots..
it may be finishing the restart process.. wont always turn on or if it will just shows the current channel but cant change it, till it completes.

I've Been Here Awhile

I called the support line and they automatically reauthorized the box, which fixed it. Thank you for your help 🙂