Nextbox 3.0 picture quality

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 picture quality

maddpollard,

Did you do something or did the issue resolve itself?

illinois
I Plan to Stick Around

Suddenly had the same blurry problem after a few weeks with the NB 3 on 1080p. What worked for me is switching the settings to 1080i and back to 1080p. Hopefully this works for some of you.
I'm an Advisor

1080p has been discussed in some other threads. You are not getting 1080p from your NB 3 unless there's something different about your particular box. Others, including me, who have posted about this are getting 480p at the 1080p setting. You also have to reboot the box to force the change, otherwise setting it to 1080p does nothing. Perhaps 1080p will be implemented someday, but Rogers does not broadcast 1080p content. If you have a 1080p display, it's upconverting anyway.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yup, I noticed 1080p is crap.  My setup is solid on 1080i.  Unfortunately can't take the box back till next weekend so I can't report that a box change makes a difference.....

illinois
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Don't think it will.
Pretty much everyone is experienced the same. It's something software wise they need to change/fix

I Plan to Stick Around

....you're likely correct, but I've got to try as they suggested it.  Once the 2nd box has the same issue, I can make a fuss or at least get my old 2.0 back again.....

illinois
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello illinois

Sadly you may not even get your original NB 2.0 back. You will get another NB 2.0. This being said, a few Rogers stores in Scarborough are already telling customers they no longer offer a NB2.0 either for exchanges or for new customers.
I Plan to Stick Around

....yup, I don't expect to get my original 2.0 back.  The support person I spoke to said I should be able to get a box, but she was a support person, so who knows.  If the replacement 3.0 doesn't work and I can't get a 2.0 again, I'm going to ask for a service call as I believe they have to do something about this.  This really cheezes me off, this crap and the "240 hour" nonsense.  They just don't learn, or I guess, care.  I've still got a Fibe IPTV box on my house from my unsuccessful foray with Bell - they might prove attractive after all....

illinois
I've Been Around

I have noticed an improvement on programs that I believe to be recorded in HD and programs that are not are a little worse love the new box aka 3.0 and the sound quality is great better then the pervious model for sure just wondering when the will start broadcasting in 1080p because believe they are not when I change the appearance settings to 1080p and then check with my input signal settings on tv it shows the input signal at 720p so can't wait let's go Rogers we want it 😏
I've Been Around

Illinois, I know this was way back in August but I'd love to know how you untlimately resolved this. I was very happy with my HD NB 2 until Rogers offered a free "upgrade" to NB 3 and now the picture is bad, and the technician tells me my picture is "fine", but I hate it and I'm very disappointed. Before I go to the store begging for my old box back, I wondered if you found a solution as to how to love NB 3???

Thanks in advance.

R.