cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextbox 3.0 performs only those functions in the TV remote

severus
I've Been Around

Hi guys.

I got nextbox 3.0 few days ago for my philips TV. The nextbox performed well. But for the last two days, it is not responding to the functions exclusive to nextbox and rather responding to those button that are common with TV remote.

For example: 

Vol + -, Ch + - , , menu, settings, power > these buttons are common with TV and switching them on nextbox remote opens the menus exclusive to TV. 

Guide, Info, recording buttons are irresponsive. 

I have tried switching the box on and off. 

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nextbox 3.0 performs only those functions in the TV remote

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

It sounds like your remote is in TV mode.

At the top of the remote are 5 buttons, labeled 'TV', "CBL', 'Aud', "DVD' and 'AUX'

Whenever you press a button on the remote, ne of these lights up to tell you what device you're working with.  My guess is that the TV button is lighting up when you press an input key.

To fix, press the 'CBL' button to put the remote into Cable Box mode.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

It sounds like your remote is in TV mode.

At the top of the remote are 5 buttons, labeled 'TV', "CBL', 'Aud', "DVD' and 'AUX'

Whenever you press a button on the remote, ne of these lights up to tell you what device you're working with.  My guess is that the TV button is lighting up when you press an input key.

To fix, press the 'CBL' button to put the remote into Cable Box mode.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What Lurker Said 🙂

As well, when its in CBL mode, it will still change the TV volume on the TV, but all other buttons should control the NB3

theClubHopper
I'm a Reliable Contributor

In case you don't have the user manual for the remote and want to clear settings or reprogram the remote, instructions for common tasks and a link to a downloadable PDF version of the user manual are always available at www.urcsupport.com

The Nextbox2/3 remote is the one here: http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=518

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation