Nextbox 3.0 not booting up after move?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plibra
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 not booting up after move?

I moved to a new home yesterday. My nextbox was working fine at my old house. It was disconnected for less than a day. Rogers tech came to install my services yesterday. Everything is working fine (internet, home phone and other, older Rogers cable boxes) but my Nextbox won't boot up. The display has 4 static dashes and has been this way for about 18 hours now. The screen says "not authorized", I called Rogers yesterday and they said the box is authorized and to wait an hour. I waited 10 hours but was too tired to call in again. I unplugged the power source but nada.

Before I call again today I thought I'd see if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it?

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 not booting up after move?

Not authorized.. either means its not authorized.. or its not getting the right signal.

If they are saying that it IS authorized...  here is a test.

On one of the outlets for the OTHER rogers boxes IS working... unplug that one.  Plug the nextbox 3 in there.  See if it comes up.

I wonder, if you are not getting SIGNAL to the spot where your nextbox3 is plugged in?

senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

You can also reauthorize it yourself by logging into your myrogers account on the rogers website. It should boot up a few minutes after you do that if it's receiving a signal.
Plibra
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the replies. It came on by itself after approx 18 hours....a lot longer than the 1 hour I was told by tech support!
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully everything is ok with it..with the signal to that room, etc.

I know my one HD box, in my bedroom.. which has the POOREST signal in the house.. will take the longest to reboot.. likely takes longer to communicate, etc when connecting.

techfox
I've Been Around

Nextbox 3.0 won't boot up. Stuck on -01-

My nextbox 3.0 is stuck on -01- and will not go past that screen;

I've unplugged it for 20seconds, 20 minutes and 24 hours without success.

Went to My Rogers and Reset Digital Box.

boot ... -00- ... -01- then stuck on -01-