Nextbox 3.0 doesnt' wake up properly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0 doesnt' wake up properly

Just got a new Nextbox 3 yesterday.It works fine, and it's much faster than my old 8300. However when I turn it on / wake it up it shows a black screen, and I actually have to change the current channel (to any channel) to see the picture. The box is connected to my TV via a HDMI port (which works fine). Any idea?

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 doesnt' wake up properly

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't solve my problem
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's the only thing close to your issue I have seen so far, no one else has reported it yet that I have seen.
Being new, may be some random bugs that need to be fixed or learn how to fix.

I am active on other forums which also talk about this box and will report back anything I find.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having a similar problem - I just got the Nextbox 3 a couple days ago, and everytime I turn my box and/or tv off, when I turn it back on I get a black screen. Channel change doesn't help - I have to reboot and then it works fine. I think it has something to do with the HDMI connection, but I switched cables and tried different ports (and both worked fine with the nextbox 2)...

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am beginning to wonder if Rogers has pushed out yet another piece of hardware without adequately testing it. More and more issues seem to coming to light.. I was thinking of getting one, but will put that idea on hold for awhile!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

AM80, try Turing off anything that has to do with hdmi cec or similar (vierra link, those sort of things) on the tv, etc. it's the stuff which auto changes inputs if you power on a device.

Something is not enabled or working on the box currently. Most people's hdmi issues are resolved with that off.

I have had mine for about 2 weeks. I have mine through a reciever, but with all automated stuff off, and haven't had an issue yet. Powers onto last channel, etc.

Still overall, LESS issues I have seen, vs the nextbox 2.0

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks! It seems to be working for now...fingers crossed I won't have more problems!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

AM80 - did it just start working...or did you follow the advice in the previous post?

thx

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I seem to be having the exact same problem as AM80.  Constantly have to reboot almost every time I turn the unit back on.  Did you find a solution AM80?  Thanks.