Nextbox 3.0 - Guide Search Doesn't Work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 - Guide Search Doesn't Work

How do I search by category > date > time with the nextbox 3.0?
As it stands, the results are very randomly displayed even within the same category. Thus leaving me with the need to seek alternate methods of searching, to ensure i don't miss what I'm looking for.
The scientific Atlanta's did this flawlessly.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had my new Nextbox 3.0 running for almost 2 weeks and the search function still does not work.

On the 2nd letter keyed in I get ..... "Operation could not be accomplished. Please try again later (1)".

It appears I'm not the only one who had(s) the problem.Booting does not resolve the problem. Any advice available  ?

Paul

Nepean

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Try unplugging the power cord from the box for about 30 seconds, then plug back in and wait for it to reboot, load the guide etc.

I experienced that for a while and it turned out it was simply a glitch.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been using a 15 second unplug to reboot and the 30 second unplug did not fix the problem. Of note I do see a flash of "Loading ......" just before the "Operation could not be accomplished. Please try again later (1)" message.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If I recall correctly someone said, in this community, that it takes quite a while for the Nextbox to load  the full week's programme guide and that often is a reason for this kind of failure.

I could be wrong.  You really are best advised to call Rogers Support and ask them.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah, its only usually was like 3 days, on a fresh box.
So SHOULD have been ok.

Guide information is showing up OK otherwise??

Only other thing i can think of, might be signal.
I dont know if the search works fully off the LOCAL loaded guide.. or if it then does use 2 way communication to the rogers end.. if the signal is not quite good enough, could be an issue there?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@pmcsplaza wrote:

Try unplugging the power cord from the box for about 30 seconds, then plug back in and wait for it to reboot, load the guide etc.

I experienced that for a while and it turned out it was simply a glitch.

I don't recommend randomly unplugging the box.  This could corrupt the Netbox and leave it unable to power up again.

Instead go to Settings ->  Troubleshooting -> Reboot Set-top Box

This will do a synchronized reboot, meaning it will finish what it's in the middle of before rebooting.

If it is totally frozen and you are unable to use the menu, only then would I go the unplug power method.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did check out every channel (I'm maticulous) to ensure I wasn't short any from my previous 8300. Except fopr the infamous "Undefined WED 12/31 7:00 0min" everything was okay. No signal problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't like power cycling either. Thanks for identifying where to do the manual reboot. I did manula reboots when necessary on my 8300 and had it on my list to find out how to do it on the Nextbox.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Press guide, then A for search instead of *