cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextbox 3.0 - Guide Search Doesn't Work

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm posting this as a new thread even though I mentioned it in another long thread about something else.   I'm hoping a Rogers person will spot it.

Anyone else getting this?

Bring up Guide then click the * key to bring up search.  The second you type in the second letter or beyond "The operation could not be accomplished, Please try again later (1)".

I've tried rebooting a few times to see if it will clear it but no.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***Edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nextbox 3.0 - Guide Search Doesn't Work

mousetamer
Peter, if you just got the box in the last couple of days, give it some time. The search function typically starts to work after 2 or 3 days. It takes that long for the software in the box to be populated.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

TeDD13

Just checked search function on my Nextbox 3. It is working fine. I typed several requests in the search field, all of them were completed without an issue. Was not able to replicate your problem.

pmcsplaza

Oh dear, I hope it doesn't culminate with my having a tech here.    The cabling is all buried beneath fiurniture.

It worked fine on my 8642HD box.   I'll wait and see what heppens.

Thanks.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

mousetamer
Peter, if you just got the box in the last couple of days, give it some time. The search function typically starts to work after 2 or 3 days. It takes that long for the software in the box to be populated.

pmcsplaza

Thanks, that's what I gathered from reading online.  I'll try to be patient !  Smiley Frustrated

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Peter

Like mousetamer said, it takes time for the box to populate. Some patients is needed as much as i know you want to use it!.

The box is brand new so the Software & box have to get used to everything

pmcsplaza

I'm sure you are right.   Time will tell.   I was just asked for a connection diagram over at DSL forums, there aren't any that I can find.  The best I could do was one of the Cisco 9800 box which is similar but with the eSATA and HDMI sockets reversed in position.

I guess Rogers will eventually publish their own.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Peter

The box is brand new & so is the Software. Time will tell if things will get fix & for everything to be sorted out. Every OS & box / electronic has this.

Yea i tried searching but can not find one either.

pmcsplaza

This is the best I've found thus far:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/videoscape/multiscreen_gateways/9000/OL-26440-01.pdf

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

APPARANTLY the Rogers one, is slightly custom too.. so would require at least from cisco's end, a whole new sheet.

IE: all the ones on the cisco site, are 6 tuner... and the rogers one is 8.   The switch on port, etc.
But you THINK for the release, Rogers would have a proper guide for it though 😛

(I did see that the URC remote support page, does have the new lighted remote on there though already 🙂 )

pmcsplaza

The 1056B03?    They gave me the same one I had with the 8642HD, 1056B01.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

Yeah, the 03. 

I dont think its AUTO that you get that new remote.. its 'here have whatever remote we have since they all work' sort of thing.

Was just stating, that the remote support site, has the updated info for the 03 up already, if people are looking for help on it.

pmcsplaza

Well it looks OK, but would imagine eats batteries.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

As you said it would...I now have Guide Search.   

Thanks everyone.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

luvsql
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a NextBox 8642HD.  When i search for "revenge" it only lists 1 channel and time for this show (9PM channel 522)  It's on at least 10 different channels at 9PM.  As well, it's not showing any of the additional times it's available.  Basically I have to manually go through every channel at every time to try and find when adn where it is so I can record it (since I can't record it on the time at 9PM due to this box only recording 2 HD at one time).

Found channels 108 on up are time shift but no HD??  Really??

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

not positive, but the time shift, is likely like the regular stations.

our regular lower ones.. are actually the SD versions.. but are AUTO SUBBED with the HD down.. i THINK they do the same..

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yeah, I also discovered that the Rogers time shift channels are only SD. Another disappointment is that only the major Canadian networks are timeshifted, not the U.S. networks. I think it's a conspiracy to promote the NextBox 3.0.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

jays77
I get time shift channels in HD. e.g. CTV Vancouver on 581, CBC Vancouver on 582 etc.
The one exception is the Atlantic region which is only SD.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I think they LIST as only sd, but auto sub to hd as well.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

That's odd. I have a list of time shift channels and they are the SD numbers and don't auto-sub. I just tuned to 112 (SD) and 581 (HD) and 112 does not auto-sub to 581. Now I'll have to find a list of HD time shift channels.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Pottertons
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I search by category > date > time with the nextbox 3.0?
As it stands, the results are very randomly displayed even within the same category. Thus leaving me with the need to seek alternate methods of searching, to ensure i don't miss what I'm looking for.
The scientific Atlanta's did this flawlessly.

Topic Stats