Nextbox 3.0 - Guide Search Doesn't Work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Nextbox 3.0 - Guide Search Doesn't Work

I'm posting this as a new thread even though I mentioned it in another long thread about something else.   I'm hoping a Rogers person will spot it.

Anyone else getting this?

Bring up Guide then click the * key to bring up search.  The second you type in the second letter or beyond "The operation could not be accomplished, Please try again later (1)".

I've tried rebooting a few times to see if it will clear it but no.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***Edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Nextbox 3.0 - Guide Search Doesn't Work

Peter, if you just got the box in the last couple of days, give it some time. The search function typically starts to work after 2 or 3 days. It takes that long for the software in the box to be populated.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Just checked search function on my Nextbox 3. It is working fine. I typed several requests in the search field, all of them were completed without an issue. Was not able to replicate your problem.

Highlighted

Oh dear, I hope it doesn't culminate with my having a tech here.    The cabling is all buried beneath fiurniture.

It worked fine on my 8642HD box.   I'll wait and see what heppens.

Thanks.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

Peter, if you just got the box in the last couple of days, give it some time. The search function typically starts to work after 2 or 3 days. It takes that long for the software in the box to be populated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, that's what I gathered from reading online.  I'll try to be patient !  Smiley Frustrated

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Peter

Like mousetamer said, it takes time for the box to populate. Some patients is needed as much as i know you want to use it!.

The box is brand new so the Software & box have to get used to everything
Highlighted

I'm sure you are right.   Time will tell.   I was just asked for a connection diagram over at DSL forums, there aren't any that I can find.  The best I could do was one of the Cisco 9800 box which is similar but with the eSATA and HDMI sockets reversed in position.

I guess Rogers will eventually publish their own.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Peter

The box is brand new & so is the Software. Time will tell if things will get fix & for everything to be sorted out. Every OS & box / electronic has this.

Yea i tried searching but can not find one either.
Highlighted

This is the best I've found thus far:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/videoscape/multiscreen_gateways/9000/OL-26440-01.pdf

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

APPARANTLY the Rogers one, is slightly custom too.. so would require at least from cisco's end, a whole new sheet.

IE: all the ones on the cisco site, are 6 tuner... and the rogers one is 8.   The switch on port, etc.
But you THINK for the release, Rogers would have a proper guide for it though 😛

(I did see that the URC remote support page, does have the new lighted remote on there though already 🙂 )