Nextbox 3.0 Channels not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0 Channels not working

We just puchased a Nextbox 3.0 and after seeing the error message 'Cd00' and calling into Rogers every night for 6 nights, it finally loads and works BUT not all the channels are working.  In fact, about 80% of our channels display a black screen.

Anyone experiencing this problem?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 Channels not working

Hello stephcheung

Have you done a reboot on the box to see if that will fix it? Also have you called into Rogers to see if they can zap the box to see if that works?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Having them re-authorize the box, has fixed this for a number of people... that would be the first thing.

After that.. its possibly signal releated.  What did you have in place there before this box?

I've Been Here Awhile

It's a new tv in the basement so we purchased a splitter for the cable.

They've tried zapping it but nothing was fixed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its likely the splitter.
Probably not rated correctly, and not letting the proper signal through.

Remove the splitter, and give rogers a call, and have them send a tech out.  Will be a free call, and they can add a correct rated splitter in forit.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Black screen/channels misisng is a known issue. You have to call tech and have them open a ticket to engineering. They will push thru some sort of s/w fix to resolve it. They say it's the only way.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  A tech is coming over this weekend.  Hopefully they will fix the problem.  I will keep you updated.

I've Been Around

How did you get through to a live body to get someone out?  All of the numbers listed lead to a re-authorize the box and done.

I'm an Advisor

mifune47:

Try the general Rogers number, which gives you a bunch of menu options. The one I use is 888-764-3771 (888-Rogers1).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I use the same. When you go to tv support, it says that they have re authorized the boxes. But it then goes on to stay on the line (or press a number, I forget) to still talk to someone if that didn't fix it.