Nextbox 3.0 (9865PVR) duplicate scheduled recordings + conflicts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamzyc
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 (9865PVR) duplicate scheduled recordings + conflicts

Suddenly, when looking in my 9865PVR (Nextbox 3) upcoming recording list, many upcoming recordings are duplicated (listed twice)with one of them showing an exclamation mark (conflict).

My box rebooted today at 6:10AM and I notice the software is upgraded to 4.0.0.130 (but it could have been that way for some time). 

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

***Edited labels***

howardp63
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nextbox 3.0 (9865PVR) duplicate scheduled recordings + conflicts

Yes, same exact thing. All of a sudden tonight. Never seen that before. One thing I noticed is that when I examine the two conflicted recordings, they are on two different but identical channels (like 006 and 514 for HDCBC). I had set my recordings for the lower channels like 018 for example, and now they've been "transcoded" to 522, sort of thing. Not sure why both would appear, though, creating the conflict.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm. wondering if this is something in the way to fix the channel recoring on issue.. at least to start.

There has been an issue lately.. that say when you set it to record on the lower channel.. then you look at the recoding listing, it will show the UPPER channel that its recording on... or sometimes vice versa.

There may have been some sort of push to CORRECT these and move them to all where they should be showing.. but maybe didnt delete the old ones?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Let me get something straight here. The lower channel numbers were SD and when they migrated to HD, they were in the 5xx range. Then, I believe, if youhad HD and selected the lower channel, it actually gave you the 5xx series channel. (At least that's what I seem to remember reading on the digitalhome forum, but I still don't have HD, so I can't confirm.) So, when the NB3 records duplicate programs on a high and low channel, are they both HD? I guess if you have duplicates you can always delete them, but it is unnecessary extra work and uses disk space. Also, there would only be a conflict if you were attempting to record more than 8 channels at once. It baffles me how anyone would find time to watch everything when recording just 4 channels at once.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, when you are on the lower channel.. and have HD.. it auto subs in the higher channels feed, into that channel.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Auto-subbing explains why I got the same results last night recording channels 8 and 518, which I just posted in a different thread. Very interesting and confusing. Thanks for clearing that up.