cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

A Navigatr enhancement will be deployed in October/November 2016.  Once you have received the updated Navigatr software and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

We'll continue to gather your feedback and circulate it with the appropriate parties within the company.  As a reminder, changes to the latest version of Navigatr can be found here.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

468 REPLIES 468

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Brt
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

I did read, either on this forum or another, of one user saying the same thing.. they couldnt resume..

But many others with the update, being able to just fine.

Not sure if this is a BUG that maybe some are encountering? Or that that its just a case of resuming it wrong?

This sounds like the same problem I reported on message #51: 

... I've already stumbled on a new "bug" .....

I was watching a show and had to take a break so I returned to live tv. When I came back to it and selected the "Resume" option, I was surprised to see that it started playing about 6-8 minutes ealier than where I left off. I tried it again a few minutes later by choosing a different channel, and it again resumed to an earlier place in the program. 

park
I'm an Advisor

@Brt wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

I did read, either on this forum or another, of one user saying the same thing.. they couldnt resume..

But many others with the update, being able to just fine.

Not sure if this is a BUG that maybe some are encountering? Or that that its just a case of resuming it wrong?

This sounds like the same problem I reported on message #51: 

... I've already stumbled on a new "bug" .....

I was watching a show and had to take a break so I returned to live tv. When I came back to it and selected the "Resume" option, I was surprised to see that it started playing about 6-8 minutes ealier than where I left off. I tried it again a few minutes later by choosing a different channel, and it again resumed to an earlier place in the program. 

Got the new Navi software a few days ago hers in Mississauga.

I can confirm that  RESUME was not working correctly for me, until today.

Looks like there was a big download/update last night which may? have fixed the problem.

Just tried a recorded program and it RESUMED ok after the 1st 2 minutes or so.

Its almost like it was remembering where you started watching, not when you stopped.  I like to watch several  newscasts at once, and switch between them as they are recording and after they have finished.  Will do so again tonight and see how RESUME behaves. (It is now much easier to do this with the latest software as a  program recording is now considered as "recorded" when it starts recording, not after.)

BTW: @robindp noted earlier he thought the new software was somewhat faster/more-responsive.  I do not see much difference. If anything it seems a tad slower on my NB3s, but maybe he noticing the speed-up on his NB2.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @park,

Correct, I am noticing the speed improvements on my NextBox 2 PVRs - one on the whole home PVR network, the other not. 

My NextBox 3 speed is actually a bit faster all around, especially fast-forward/rewinding recorded content. 

Bhouse
I've Been Around

We usually set up sports to record, then start watching before the end of the recording. This worked until the latest update. Now a program is either on the record list, once complete, or on the scheduled list, even though it has started.

On the scheduled list, there is no option to start watching the program. Are we missing something?

Hello @Bhouse,

Not sure what is happening for you - just pressed "record", then pressed "List" - the item currently being recorded was the first thing listed, and I was able to start watching it right away.