NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

@Cruncher wrote:

This happens to me too whenever I am watching a show in VOD and I have to press pause. The show restarts. This is just wrong. Bloody waste of time!!!!!! I am comtemplating jumping to Bell.

That's been discussed in the various on-demand threads in this forum. Do not use the Pause button. Use the "Stop" button instead (it may restart in a few minutes, but at least you don't lose your place.

You can also try pressing "play" or "FF" before pressing pause which may "wake up" the connection to the Rogers server. It appears that the connection is somehow corrupted after about 15 minutes and pressing a button (like play) will re-establish the connection.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Major update of all modules received last night (Feb 7th, 2017)

Last night, a very long download, then reboot, then downloading and update of guide data occurred.

Every module in the box has been updated to January release dates and for the first time, it is the whole component set changed all on the same date. The versions in the trouble shooting is 6.2.0.0141 and 6.9-1.9.5

Appears the update is all on the Cisco Videoscape side of things, no change on Espial from .0139 to .0141

Did anyone else get this update, and did you see any changes - I haven't seen any thing different.

@RogersMargaret  Could you try to find out from the powers that be related to the team on this project, what these updated component versions from Cisco addressed and if any implications for the user.

Just trying to avoid going through the process of the past, where we suddenly find strange things we didn't expect - if we know what they did, we can look for them, and do another "beta" production testing.

Bruce

park
I'm an Advisor

Got the same versions,  6.2.0.0141 and 6.9-1.9.5, in beautiful Mississauga.

Noticed recently do NOT have hit stop to get it to remember where one left off watching.

But trying to delete the program b 4 it's finished still does not work unless you go to another recording or go to live TV first. It's a tad frustrating, but having to navigate around Navigatr to get things done  is the new normal with this software.

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

We have been advised that the recent firmware update was intended to resolve a minor display issue in the Navigatr guide. The update will not impact the the normal operations of the Digital box in any way.

RogersRoland

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks @RogersRoland for getting that information for us on the forum.

The explanation seems a bit odd since they batch compiled modules on the 24th of January (1 - the linuk kernal)- this is the operating system), then 25th (Platform, MipsNetprocs, Mips diagnostics, NVM Library, PThreadDiag - these manage various input and output functions and memory management) and then the 27th, (Image file SWDT - these last two are the components that allow for reset to factory settings)

Complete recompile of every module to fix a minor display issue in the guide??  Seems like the programming was not a minor one to handle, but glad to hear what the issue addressed was.

It still would be nice if Rogers would release information on updates (even minor), but I may be asking for too much.  We on the board now know, but does anyone else?

Glad that no one is reporting any issues, I haven't found any.  Life goes on.

Bruce

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@BS The techie in me would also would love to know all the details of the software update, no matter how small. I just hope they release an update to the 4K Nextbox's where they default to 720p when powered on. My 4K box does that if I don't turn the TV on first. It's annoying because I can't program the Rogers RF remote to turn the devices on in a certain order to avoid the issue. 

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@gp-se Yes, it is the techie in me too, but it is also the problem solver and systems analyst that I was, and by knowing what was coming, I could prepare myself and others for possible things that may come along.

I am a big picture person, and by knowing the big picture, I am able to identify the details and possible relationships that come along.

I think there are a number of us here, that just want to know so we can find answers and help others.

So I ask an analyze.  Fun stuff for me and I am sure others.

Hope your issues with the 4K get resolved - fortunately, other than the few silly things like pause/resume, runaway recordings (just had another a few nights ago), and strange things like not maintaining configuration choices like the subscribed only on the guide, I have figured the box out and can in general, just enjoy the TV watching.  From my perspective, they can take as long as they want with IPTV until they get it as stable as they finally got Navigatr after months of pain.

Bruce

dmbcanda
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't know what is going on but my NextBox 3.0 has no graphics or art when I load channel 100 on demand.   Just happened with the last few days, however my old box has the graphics/art.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Sometimes the loading of the On Demand catalog does not complete when it is download.

Have you tried to reboot the box and see if gets loaded or not.

Otherwise, call tech support or chat with them.

Sometimes the download and loading doesn't complete fully due to signal strength.  Tech support can guide you through it and check the box and signal strengths.

I have been through that one before a few times.  Sometimes, a reboot took care of it, other times, I had to get tech support to push the download again.

Good luck, see how it goes.

Bruce

dmbcanda
I Plan to Stick Around

Did a reboot this morning, which was the 3rd reboot in two days and it finally worked!  I am having a tech come out this week do check signal issues with the internet connection as they are low, so might be causing issue with tv as well.