cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

A Navigatr enhancement will be deployed in October/November 2016.  Once you have received the updated Navigatr software and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

We'll continue to gather your feedback and circulate it with the appropriate parties within the company.  As a reminder, changes to the latest version of Navigatr can be found here.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

468 REPLIES 468

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jinx8910 wrote:

I watched a program Friday.  Deleted it. The series is gone until Late January so I want to delete the series.  Where is that option????  The tile still shows up on recorded page.  My options are series recorded settings (which gives no option to cancel series) , delete recorded episodes (greyed out as I have no episodes recorded) and more like this.

There has to be a way to get rid of this.

Didn't we discuss this in the following post a couple of weeks ago?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes we did but I couldn't find it again.  I guess I scanned too quickly. Thank you so much for the link. I've written it down now so I won't clutter the thread again. 😐 

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

So after spending a good amount of time with the Navigatr update on both of my NB3s, the sluggishness has not improved.  To be honest, it feels like it's getting worse.  It almost reminds me of when I had the old Nextbox 2.0 boxes (it's not as bad but it's getting there!).  I've rebooted both boxes several times since receiving the update, but the reboots did not help.  Both NB3s were very quick prior to the update, so that leads me to believe that something in the latest update is using up significantly more resources on these boxes, thereby causing the sluggishness.

With any of the major updates.. it seems almost a semi RESET on the box..

usually the search functionality takes a few days to load... often the screen icons take a while to populate.

I wonder if it does take a while to settle, etc.?
That its still downloading/working with content, etc?

Mine was slugish initially.. but seems much better now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

1. I wonder if it does take a while to settle, etc.?
2. Mine was slugish initially.. but seems much better now.

1. I believe it does, perhaps doing most of the basic firmware first, then the icons and any updates, etc.  WHPVR may also have an impact.

2. There are some items that I find a bit slower - like bringing up the list. The more recordings you have, the longer the list functions take.  (I have two 9865s and the one with fewer recordings brings up the list much faster.) Perhaps this is because there is now a "slider" on the right side of the "List" and there is wraparound capability, along with perhaps needing to count the number of recordings to set the slider, etc.

Deleting recordings takes more steps and it's a bit slower at each step, but nowhere near an 8642.

I find the IPG just as fast as before - does anything I want as fast as I can press buttons.