Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

A Navigatr enhancement will be deployed in October/November 2016.  Once you have received the updated Navigatr software and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

We'll continue to gather your feedback and circulate it with the appropriate parties within the company.  As a reminder, changes to the latest version of Navigatr can be found here.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

468 REPLIES 468

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

And yes this is the new roll out

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jinx8910 wrote:

Yes I have. Twice.  The blank panels remain in the recorded page.  There is also no option of permanently deleting a series.

Try the following to delete a zombie (or other) series recording.

1. Find the zombie (or other scheduled series recording) in your tiles view

2. Select the zombie or scheduled series recording.

3. Select "Scheduled" on the right side (on the right side of the screen.

4. Select "Cancel Series Recordings" (which becomes visible after step 3.)

Confirm

Edit: Correction in Bold per post below (thanks @robindp

robindp
I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

@jinx8910 wrote:

Yes I have. Twice.  The blank panels remain in the recorded page.  There is also no option of permanently deleting a series.

Try the following to delete a zombie series recording.

1. Find the zombie in your tiles view (should be between your recorded and scheduled recorded programming.

2. Select the zombie.

3. Select "Scheduled" on the right side.

4. Select "Cancel Scheduled Recordings" (which becomes visible after step 3.)

Confirm

Hello @jinx8910,

Small correction to steps provided by 57:

- Find the zombie recording on your tiles view.

- Select the zombie tile and open it. 

- Select Scheduled on right-side. 

- Select Cancel Series Recording on right side. 

- Select Yes and press "OK/Select" to confirm. 

These steps will work on the new Navigatr software - 57's steps continue to work on previous versions. 

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so that gets rid of series that are done.  Thanks.  Now ,  the blank tiles that remain after I watch and delete an episode are still there.  They show up as being scheduled in the the scheduled tab as well.  In the recorded tab there is no info in them.  They are just clutter on the screen. And the delete recorded episode is grayed out as an option because I have already deleted the show.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jinx8910: Do a reboot and they should be gone by tomorrow morning.

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

I did two reboots yesterday and one today.  They didn't go away.  😔 

Hello @jinx8910,

Please open one of the remaining zombie tiles - what options do you have on the right side?

Also, do you have more than one PVR? If so, restart both of them and advise if the zombie tiles still exist. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robindp:

I don't think @jinx8910 is talking about zombies in his post about blank tiles. He's talking about totally blank tiles  that we used to also get once in a while in the previous firmware.  After a reboot they usually went away in a day or two.

You cannot delete these blank tiles because they've already been deleted and there is no delete option that comes up (it's either absent or greyed out).

These may have something to do with the PVR or the network being busy due to the firmware updates, etc.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

@57 Ah, got it. Then I agree with your advice - @jinx8910 wait until tomorrow and see if these tiles disappear. If they do not, follow up with Rogers and advise them of the problem - they should be able to document and escalate the issue for you. 

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

Under recorded... the zombie tile for a show I watched and deleted my options are:

series recording settings

delete recorded episodes (grayed)

more like this

i do have another pvr but it is not a nextbox3 and not whole home compatible. I have rebooted both however.

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

Also I don't know exactly what a zombie tile is.  These tiles still show the show picture I just deleted.  Hopefully tomorrow they'll disappear.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jinx8910:

A zombie tile is a scheduled (series) recording that is not in the IPG for the next week.  These used to be at the bottom of the tiles, however, they now appear between the recordings and scheduled recordings in the tiles view.

You may or may not have any of these.  These often appear at the end of a season when the programme no longer airs. I ususally keep these around as reminders and they will automatically record the programme again when it returns, provided it still meets the same criteria.

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah, thanks!  No these shows are still scheduled and show up as such next week. I appreciate the quick responses!

park
I'm an Advisor

Let me take a shot at this.

Let's say you like to watch a program that has a episode each week.

Eg Full Frontal 1030 Monday nites on the comedy channel.

So you set it up to watch as a series. 

Suppose you watch it that evening and then delete the episode.

The tile for the series stays active, even though if you check there is no scheduled or recorded program.  Some people call these zombies. You can think of the tile as an unscheduled scheduled series.  

Around 2am Rogers updates the IPG (the guide) and when you check on Tuesday am you will that the program is now scheduled for next Monday nite. 

If you set up your series to record only new episodes, the zombie may stick around a few weeks as this program sometimes repeats older episodes, not always a new one each week.

Hope that is clear as mud.   

PS: FullFrontal is well worth watching ! Another Canuck doing well in US comedy.

PPS: If you want to delete any unscheduled scheduled series, it's much  more intuitive and easier to do in the list view, not tile view. You can easily get to these by pushing the up arrow after selecting the list view with the B blue button.  The  "Delete Series" box is right there when you click on the one you want delete.

BTW: Zombies are useful. Eg am all set if/when Battlebots comes back to ABC next time.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

And one addition:  Let's say the series is finished and cancelled, or you decide that you don't want the series anymore.

Change from the recorded shows selection (that selection is the first to show up in the tiles view) to the scheduled view by pressing the list button one more time.

You will now see that on the right, scheduled shows selected.

Locate the show you want to get rid of future recordings for if you weren't already on it.  Hit enter while the future recordings is selected and you will see the choices for cancel all future recordings (I am going by memory at the moment). You can then delete the future recordings.  The empty tile may not disappear immediately.  It will with time.

Hope that helps. Play around a bit - that is how I figured it out, some instruction here and trial and error.  The same way we all figure it out.  Good luck and very good question.  If someone can put this into a step by step process, it would be appreciated.  My documenting skills have disappeared with my aging brain.Smiley Happy

Bruce

NedL
I've Been Here Awhile

In the new upgrade to the Navigatr there is no longer an option to view Scheduled recordings as Grid. Why has this option been taken away?
I have poor vision and cannot read the text as presented in the List view. The Grid view was essential. Both views are still available in Recorded. Why not in Scheduled?

Please answer this:
a) why has the Grid view to "Scheduled Recordings" been removed, and
b) when is it going to be restored?

This is an Accessibility issue, and I know that Rogers is committed to maximizing accessibility.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@NedL:

In the previous firmware version, there was no "Scheduled" option!

The scheduled recordings are still at the bottom of the Tiles (Grid) View, just like before.  You can use the up arrow, or page-up, (wraparound) to get to the bottom of the (Recorded) list if it's long.

In my view (and the view of others), most of the text on the various lists, IPG, etc is now larger than before.

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, the tiles did not disappear.  This is so frustrating.  There are tiles from 3 days of watching and deleting now. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you don't mind losing your recordings, you can perform a factory reset, which will reset everything to the factory settings and delete all of your recordings. It's a bit drastic, but it's what's required in some circumstances. I'd give it another couple of days and another reboot or two, unless you don't mind the idea of a factory reset. Are you doing the reboots from the Settings - up arrow - Troubleshooting menu?

NedL
I've Been Here Awhile

There was a Scheduled Recordings option in the previous version. It was accessible via pressing button A. It showed in Grid format.  Having to scroll all the way past the hundreds of recordeds to get to the Scheduled is very annoying,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@NedL:

Sorry, I guess I never used that option since it didn't show what I needed for scheduled recordings.  (I always used AnyPlace (App or Web) to view my scheduled recordings properly.)

With "Wraparound" now functional, when you're at the top of the (Recorded) list, you can click Page-Up, or the Up arrow and it will take you to the bottom of the list where all the scheduled recordings are.  No need to go down past hundreds of recordings.

I don't understand what you find difficult about the list view though. The fonts are pretty large from what I can tell and you can see more information than before.  Can you elaborate?