cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

A Navigatr enhancement will be deployed in October/November 2016.  Once you have received the updated Navigatr software and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

We'll continue to gather your feedback and circulate it with the appropriate parties within the company.  As a reminder, changes to the latest version of Navigatr can be found here.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

468 REPLIES 468

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@BS wrote:

I thank everyone on this forum thread for all the hard work to get us here - we made a pretty good team of unhired experts and have influenced a reasonable viewing experience. It was a lot of work and frustration, and impacted the health of some along the way, but we all persisted and finally got to where we are.

Now to just enjoy our viewing experiences and we later we will see CRTC forced changes, and competetive driven changes (these will mostly be packaging and pricing changes) and technologically driven changes, and supplier changes, and with hope, they will go much more seamlessly.

Except not all of us have the update yet. I'm in Richmond Hill and am still waiting.... 

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

@mac10 wrote:

updated box 3.0 pvr.when u r watching a recorded show and u go to live tv or u interrupt that show for any reasonand then u go back to the recorded show it's no longer at the spot where u stopped watching it.u have to go back to the list,find the show and start at the beginning everytime.sucks i want to be able to start watching from where i left off.

Not sure what you're talking about the resume feature is there after you have watched a couple of minutes of a show.Used it  and it works fine

Gdkitty
Resident Expert

I did read, either on this forum or another, of one user saying the same thing.. they couldnt resume..

But many others with the update, being able to just fine.

Not sure if this is a BUG that maybe some are encountering? Or that that its just a case of resuming it wrong?

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@yyz64 wrote:

@mac10 wrote:

updated box 3.0 pvr.when u r watching a recorded show and u go to live tv or u interrupt that show for any reasonand then u go back to the recorded show it's no longer at the spot where u stopped watching it.u have to go back to the list,find the show and start at the beginning everytime.sucks i want to be able to start watching from where i left off.

Not sure what you're talking about the resume feature is there after you have watched a couple of minutes of a show.Used it  and it works fine

For your own recordings, I believe there is a 2 minute buffer once you start watching. If you STOP the recording within the 2 minutes, the only choices you have to restart are WATCH or DELETE. As suggested, watch for more than 2 minutes, then stop the program and see what happens.  You should get RESUME - RESTART - (MORE) -

&  DELETE.

If you are using VOD, it is will PAUSE and PLAY like a VCR.  But if you press STOP on VOD, then it will give you a RESUME PLAYING - RESTART and CANCEL choice. In the VOD case you can even turn off the TV and when you return to the VOD program you were watching, you will get the three choices. The 2 minute buffer does not seem to apply to VOD. It seems to give you the restart choice within the 2 minutes.

Thx....I may stop by and ask them, since I have a Rogers place close by. And I'm not mistaken about the function I had before on the RF remote....I always toggled between Subscribed channels and my Favourites before the update!