NextBox 8642HD Reverted To Old Style Interactive Guide. Saved Recordings Gone.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric_Mississaug
I've Been Around

NextBox 8642HD Reverted To Old Style Interactive Guide. Saved Recordings Gone.

Unit seems to possibly done some sort of update but now displays an old style guide. Also all my saved recordings seem to be gone.    Is there a way to get back the enhanced guide and recover my past recordings?    Kind of frustrating having a PVR that is supposed to save your shows just arbitrarily erase everything.  

***Edited labels***

Contractor
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NextBox 8642HD Reverted To Old Style Interactive Guide. Saved Recordings Gone.

It sounds as if the hard-drive may have failed in your unit. If you rent this piece of equipment I would suggest calling in and having a service tech come out to verify. Sadly, if the hard drive failed there will be no way to recover your past recordings.
I am a contractor for Rogers. My comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I'm simply here to pass along any helpful information I've acquired in the field to improve YOUR experience with their services.
mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: NextBox 8642HD Reverted To Old Style Interactive Guide. Saved Recordings Gone.

Losing recordings is pretty normal when the guide gets changed. Just do a quick recording to test if the drive is still working. Plus, when the drive fails it typically renders the whole box useless and displays some kind of error.
My guess is that this is a mistake on Rogers end unless you requested the revert. Call them again and ask for the new guide back. Your recordings are probably gone either way.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Eric_Mississaug

When a new IPG update came threw, most of us lost all our recordings as well. This is something that is wrong on Rogers side. They do not think its high enough to fix the problem but yet it is. Believe me I was really upset and angry when this happened to me. I just learned to live with it as I can not do anything at all.

As for the update to go back to the old one. You will need to call Rogers cable tech support and have them send out the old IPG update to your box. You may get it in a few minutes or it may take up to 24/48 hours for the old guide / update to go threw into the box. This is the ONLY way it will happen.

@ contractor

Nothing in the post did this person did they mention about the unit / HD failing.. The new update came threw and the person lost all their recordings / went into the new IPG..
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Eric_Mississaug wrote:

Unit seems to possibly done some sort of update but now displays an old style guide.

Actualy, it appears, that they ALREADY had the new style guide.. and it has reverted to the original guide.

While loss of recordings has happened on SOME when going to the new guide, almost EVERY case i have heard of reverting back to the old, all recordings were lost.

It shouldnt have reverted to the old guide, unless one requests it.  A call back, can get it pushed out to the new guide again.  BUT unfortunately all the recordings will be gone 😞