NextBox 3.0 User Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox 3.0 User Guide

Oh yeah, its a great price 🙂
My inlaws are renting one currently (the 8300)... so tossing around the idea of buying them one of those.. or switching them to the NB3 on rent to own (which is cheaper than striaght out rental)

The BIGEST thing i have heard of people returning/swaping the NB3, is due to the HDMI-CEC and 5.1 dropout issue.
Someone without an AVR, or not usising CEC.. it wouldnt effect them.  The box otherwise is decent.
The only other thing you see as well.... the NB2, and even more so the NB3, is REALLY signal picky.  If you have any form of a not quite great signal into the house, it may exibit some issues.  The 8300 was alot less pickey on the signal (a much older and more basic tuner on it).. so while a signal may  have been fine in the house for the 8300, putting a NB3 in that place, may show issues.

(though you can have rogers come out and hopefully fix that part though)

ANYONE considering swaping boxes.. who is say renting/etc the 8300 (who would not be able to get it back after returning it).. and wants to TRY the NB3.. consider doing this.

Rent BOTH boxes for one month.  Start renting a NB3 and test it out.. while still renting the 8300 (just unplug it). 
If you dont want to go with the NB3, just return it... if you want to keep the NB3.. then you can then return the 8300.
(i actually did this with my NB2 and NB3.. gave me a week to finish watching recordings on the NB2)

Cap07
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So, bottom line, is there a serious problem with the new NB3? Or is this more signal-related? Whatever happened to the Keep It Simple principle? Isn't life already complicated enough without making watching TV a technical nightmare? Most of the population are not IT obsessed and just want to come home, flick on the idiot box and watch an hour or two of mindless entertainment. The problem is we become too dependent on things like TV and Internet and like drug dealers, the purveyors of TV and Internet, are more than ready to cater to our vices with ever increasing prices.

That's my rant for today.I'll be at the Rubber Room of the HaHa Hotel all week.

I'm not a Rogers employee. I'm not even a member of the family.......
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your right about how people are 'adicted' to TV, internet, etc.. its down for more than 2 seconds they freak out.

All in all, for ALL services, having a GOOD signal is a good thing.  One tech visit (assuming you get a decent tech), should be all it takes.  From there, ALL services should work beter.

There are a few issues still with the NB3.. but.. they are not necessarily ones that would effect EVERYONE.. all depends on your setup.   I know 8 people with the NB3, and only 1 of them runs into one of the existing issues, since they used those features.
If your just a box into the TV, no hastles nothing fancy user.. as long as your signal is fine, you should be good to go.

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I bought the Nextbox 3 and it says there is a user guide in the contents of the box - No luck.  There was a Rogers Terms and Conditions pamphlet instead!  I called the store and they didn't have one. They told me to call Rogers Customer Service. When I finally got through they said they didn't have one for the Netbox 3.0 but they would send me an email to download the User Guide.  They also suggested I try on-line.  Here is what they sent me and what you get depends on what part of the country you are in I guess.  If you click on the Cisco 8642 link you get various models to choose from for a USER GUIDE in electronic format.  I hope this helps you find the info you need. 

--- snipped -- 

Thank you for talking to us about your Rogers service. Below is some information we hope you find useful. 

Cisco 8642 - 500 GB (Ontario). Click  http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/settop_8642HD.html    for user guide.

Motorola DCX3400 - 250GB (Atlantic). Click  http://www.nwtel.ca/media/documents/tv/DCX3400_Userguide.pdf   for user guide.

Please click for pricing.

Features:

• All of your favourite features from the 8300 HD PVR or 3400 HD PVR: pause, rewind and play live programming, picture-in-picture as well as dual tuner allowing you to record one program while viewing or recording another
  • Higher resolution graphics, including hi-res feature updates to the user interface screens to 640 by 480 resolution (from 320 to 240)
  • PVR hash marks – allows you to jump forward or backward as many as 15, 30 or 60 minutes during recorded programs
  • Play Position Time Indicator – appears as part of the playback progress bar to numerically indicate the current playback point

Plus:

• 1080p resolution
  • MPEG 4 signal delivery
  • MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance)
  • DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance)
  • NextBox: Record up to 280 hours of SD or 62 hours of HD programming
  • DCX3400: Record up to 150 hours of SD or 30 hours of HD programming

Benefits of the new Enhanced Cisco 8642 and Motorola DCT3400 HD PVRs will allow you to take advantage of all the new features:

• next generation Program Guide
  • advanced search across platforms (linear, PVR recordings and On Demand)
  • Remote TV manager
  • interactive applications like Fantasy Football
  • Whole Home PVR
  • Connect your personal media device (e.g. iPhone)
  • Mpeg4 compression - get twice the storage!
User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The link in my previous post didn't seem to work.... try this one instead to find the model, then the User Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/prod_tv_set_tops.html

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the link for the Enhanced Guide, from Rogers' Website:  Click the various tabs for additional info.

http://rogers-tv-enhancements.com/tips.html

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a link to the 9865 (NextBox 3.0) in the link in the previous post.

baffled
I've Been Around

I have downloaded the Rogers Enhanced User Guide.  It doesn't help with telling me how to program my remote to control multiple devices simultaneously... eg. turn on the cable, tv and sound system with one use of the power button.

The Guide refers to another set of instructions..." Multi Product User Guide booklet"... which I can't seem to find anywhere.

Can you help me on this?

skeener
I've Been Here Awhile

You should have received a guide with your remote.

If you can't find it, go to http://www.urcsupport.com and you will find the info you need.

Owenie
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a netbox 3 because Rogers HD Global is Channel 3 and Channel 517 I have planned recording the same programmer on two channels, how do I delete (Record this series) on one channel?
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you hit the list button TWICE, it should take you into your scheduled recordings.

From there, you can remove any one that is set to record.  (series or not)