NextBox 3.0 Guide Search Not Finding Shows

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil_in_Ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

NextBox 3.0 Guide Search Not Finding Shows

Hi,

I just got a NextBox 3.0 last Wednesday night (Oct. 16) and I'm having problems with the Guide Search.

When I search for a show I know is in the Guide, the Search doesn't seem to find it. For example, I search for "Top Chef". Search brings back all kinds of results that contain the word "Top" or the word "Chef" and even many other results with neither of the words in the title, but it doesn't find "Top Chef". But when I go in the Guide and go to the day and time when the show plays, there it is. This appears to be happening for many different searches I've tried.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

All help is welcome. Thanks.

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox 3.0 Guide Search Not Finding Shows

Not at home, but i can try to test it tonight to see what mine does (as i have had it for over a month now)

Phil_in_Ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks GD.

It'll be interesting to find out if it's just me or if others are having the same problem.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know it has worked for me before.. but it could varry from show to show.

IE: I know when i got my NB3 and was re setting up recordings.. i searched MASTERCHEF and by the time i got to mast, it had picked it up on the right side.

Phil_in_Ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

Now that I'm home, I can give more specific examples.

Searching for "TOP", I get many results. All are folders. The first page starts with "America's Next Top Model". This is followed by "The Bold and the Beautiful"? Then "Top Gear" which appears twice for some reason. Anyway, the list goes on but there's no "Top Chef" which is the show I'm looking for. It plays on Food Network (597) Wednesday at 10:00pm and appears in the Guide.

Another example is searching for "Formula One". I enter "FO" and I get results. One is a folder named "Formula One". So far so good. But when I open the folder all it contains are two entries for the movie "Grand Prix". What I would expect to find is the "Formula One Racing" program that plays on TSN (30) on Saturday at 4:30am and Sunday at 5:30am. I actually set the first program to record as a series and the PVR found the other one no problem and both are now set to record.

I just tried Masterchef as you mention. I entered "MAST" and got one folder named "MasterChef Junior". But when I select the folder it only contains one entry for Wednesday at 4:30am. When I select the entry, it shows two showings at 4:30am, one on ZESHD and the other on ZESTE. Now, I already have this show scheduled to record Friday at 8:00pm on 518 HCTVO but it's named simply "MasterChef" even though it is the "MasterChef Junior". Of note is that the search does not return a result for just "MasterChef" even though that's how it shows in the PVR schedule.

So I'm totally confused.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well that masterchef I searched before was wile the main series was on.. So right now might yield different results.

Just graving dinner now and will post back with my results afterwards

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It may depend on the show i think.

found similar results as you.. for the shows you tried..

But other shows, tried some random things.. CSI, duck dynasty, etc.. and all those came up fine..

so its like some are indext properly, and some not.

Phil_in_Ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for running the tests.

I would have to agree with you that it seems as if the Guide is not indexed properly and therefore the Search is not able to find some programs.

Any idea if a box reboot would help with that? If not, hopefully Rogers is aware of this issue and a fix is forthcoming because, as it is, the Search is kind of useless.

Thanks again.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, not completely usless.. just 1/2 useless.  Its fine, if its finding shows that ARE indexed 😛

A reboot wont hurt.. but i dont think it will fix the issue though.

Oh, i took a look again, about some of those 'duplicate' listings.. like when looking up 'top' showed like 3 top gear folders.
Its because each one inside was something slightly different.. Top Gear top 40, the regular show listing, etc..  So if each are named differently in the guide.. they will show as seperate listings.

Phil_in_Ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

Quick update.

I tried my "Top Chef" and "Formula One" searches again last night and this time the programs were in the results.

I didn't change anything at my end so I'm not sure why it suddenly works. But I'm happy it does and hopefully it will continue working.