Next box 3.0 program guide won't update Nov 27, 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Next box 3.0 program guide won't update Nov 27, 2016

Since last Wednesday my program guide stops at Tuesday Nov 27 at midnight.   After that time, the guide states no information.   I found out from my neighbour he also has the same problem.   I've tried hard rebooting (unplugging) and soft rebooting (using trouble shooting menu) several time with no success.   It's a new box I received from Rogers 3 weeks ago after my old unit finally gave up the ghost (constant freezing of picture only cured by rebooting).  We also have an older HD Pvr in house and the guide still works fine.   I have called this into Rogers and was told a ticket was sent into engineering.   I haven't heard from them yet (36 hours).  

I was was wondering how prevalent this problem is and whether anyone has been able to fix the problem.  

Highlighted

Re: Next box 3.0 program guide won't update Nov 27, 2016

Hi @Wigham,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting in the forums.

We haven't received any reports of any known issues yet. Any one else in the Community experiencing something similar?

If you'd like, you can send us the ticket no. via PM @CommunityHelps and we can take a look into it for you. To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tuesday is the 29th.  Guide is fine here in Toronto.  I suspect some sort of neighbourhood issue, or an issue at your head end. This happens occasionally and perhaps everything will be fine again by Monday morning.

There's really nothing you can do outside of hounding Rogers if it's still an issue tomorrow.  They may not have done anything over the weekend.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just thought I should mention that the neighbour I talked to used to live 2 houses away, but he has moved to a condo which is at least 4 kilometres away.   That's why I thought this problem may affect more people who live in Richmond Hill, Ontario.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

• There is an additional problem now.   I've tried to switch to a couple of stations just now and I get a message to wait as the program is downloading, and then another message pops up that the station isn't available now and to try again later.   That's not much good as I was trying to watch the Grey Cup, but none of the four TSN station are apparently available right now.   I only mention this as my neighbour described the same problem when we talking this morning.   
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

It sounds very much like the problem in my own larger neighboroughood two weeks ago. It started as an isolated issue impacting just a couple of next door neighbours, then I was advised it had appeared within the whole neighboroughood and surrounding area.

It turned out to be a signal issue preventing 2 way communication.  Contact rogers technical support and have them run tests on signal, and have your friend call in to if he is dealing with the same issues.  I am not having any issues on my own since early last week, Monday, but we did have at least 5 days of outage.

Interesting part of it all, was we had a Bell rep trying to sell us Bell services and he was aware of the outage, but wouldn't say how he learned it.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not sure exactly how Rogers fixed my problem, but my cable box is now up and running.   I did call on Monday and Rogers checked the signal to noise ratio was fine and from their end it looked like there was 2 way communication.   So they arranged for a technician to come and check the service today.   Later I remembered that the Rogers on Demand wasn't working as well, so I called just so they could update the ticket with this information.   The technician said he wanted to check everything again, and he also said he boosted the signal to the box.   After a 12 minute reboot I tuned to the Rogers on Demand and although it said it was loading, after a couple of minutes a screen would pop up and ask if I wanted to start loading ROD again.   So the technician said just to leave the TV tuned to channel 100 and check the set in a couple of hours.   To my surprise most of the guide was now loaded and this morning the list of recorded and scheduled programs had updated for all my recordings.   They also mentioned a software update had been rolled out in the Richmond Hill region and over the past weekend there was an increase in the number of phone calls with box problems for the area.