Next box 3.0 optical audio not in sync audio to fast by like 8ms

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Next box 3.0 optical audio not in sync audio to fast by like 8ms

I have my next box 3.0 connected to my tv through hdmi for video and connected to my receiver through optical for sound ..my receiver does not support hdmi .. And the audio is not in sync Rogers should have an option to sync audo 0-10ms would be absolutely sufficient in almost all cases ...when the tv itself is playing the audio and video everything is in sync ts only when I play the sound through my reciever

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Next box 3.0 optical audio not in sync audio to fast by like 8ms

Hi @SAChrstopher

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Seems like there’s a setting on your receiver that you would need to look into. Take a look at the audio setting and try turning off the room/reverb option.

What kind of receiver do you have?

Let us know if that helps.

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Panasonic SA-HE75
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone???
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Your TV is taking longer to process the hdmi than the receiver takes to process the optical signal. The best solution for this is to remove the optical cable from the Roger's box and put in in the optical out port of your TV. It may take some setting up in the tvs settings to get a 5.1 pcm output or however you prefer it configured, but this should resolve any delay issues.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its worth a try to give bensgoog thing a try.
My current TV does work that way, the audio sync out of it does work fine.

My previous TV though, it didnt, there was a delay.

In MOST cases like this that i have run into.. its not the SOURCE end you need to change this on, its the RECEIVING end.

You would have to look on your recieiver, there likely is for that input a delay setting that can be changed there.
(While chaning some other settings the other day on my receiver, i saw where mine was)