Next box 3.0 in rural Ottawa

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Next box 3.0 in rural Ottawa

Last October I upgraded to Nextbox 3.0 (Cisco 9865HD) and immediately had problems. Most subscribed HD channels wouldn't come in. PVR would not work. It wouldn't record. Wasted a couple of weeks with tech support, replaced box, tech came to the house, etc., etc. I finally get the owner of tech support in Ottawa who says its a common problem in rural areas of Ottawa.

So I went to Rogers and got a last gen box/pvr which works fine but not as many features as 3.0. I still have the 3.0 which they said to hang onto until Rogers and Cisco get the problems sorted out.

Does anyone in the rural Ottawa area (I'm between Manotick and Osgoode) know if Nextbox 3.0 is working yet?

Thanks,

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Next box 3.0 in rural Ottawa

Other than some audio issues (flipping from 5.1 to 2.0), the nb3 has been fine in general since launch.

I am guessing you have the 8300?

Likely it sounds like an over all signal issue in your rural area. The 8300 is a lot less picky on a weaker signal than the nb3

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for trying. The issue was a local problem. It works fine in metro Ottawa but not in the outskirts. Local tech guys were chasing all over the place, and we're not happy that Rogers support wasn't clueing people in. Rogers blamed Cisco and visa versa.

I was just hoping there was someone else in rural Ottawa on this forum.

Thanks again.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are some Ottawa users here, hopefully one of them could chime in.
Though it can vary say from east to west side, etc. it's all dependent on the feeds/nodes serving that area.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well wee bit late..but my 9865hd wont stop rebooting itself...lomg weekend too
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is an update being pushed now to many areas, it's possible that if the signal is not
Strong enough that it can get stuck when Trying to do the update.

I've Been Here Awhile

The same issue is happening in Kitchener. My per has been rebooting time after time since Friday. Rogers said that it was an update for the guide that is causing a problem. They were useless when I needed help. I have no tv on my PVR and intermittent tv in the bedroom tv switch the HD boxes. They were so efficient and booked a technician but I have to wait an entire week with no tv for them to repair a problem that they created. I am ready to cancel all of my services and go elsewhere.