Next Box 2.0 only showing 0 on the time display (New Brunswick)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Next Box 2.0 only showing 0 on the time display (New Brunswick)

Just brought home a Next Box 2.0 last night. Upon turning it on, I see a white rectangle on tv with red text insode that states 'Please Wait' then my tv ends up showing only a black screen and on the Next Box itself, where the time should be, there's simply a 0.

I'm guessing bad hard drive, but wondering if this is a known issue that can be resolved before resorting to returning the unit to get a new one.

Thanks!

***Edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Next Box 2.0 only showing 0 on the time display (New Brunswick)

I assume that you've called into Rogers and provided them with the serial number and registered the device on Rogers first.   

If you haven't already, unplug the unit for a few seconds then plug it back in and see if you get further.   First time you plug in, the unit has to download a lot of updates and may not finish properly.   Allow at least 15 minutes for the unit to actually start up.   You should see  4 dashes when you plug in, then nothing, then a spinning oval bit pattern, then nothing, then the clock showing when it's done.   NB2 is quite slow to start up, typically about 15 minutes or more.    If you put your ear up close to it, you should hear the hard drive spinning or ticking a bit if it's operating.  

If after several tries, you get nowhere, you might need to return it.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

@techguy001 wrote:

I assume that you've called into Rogers and provided them with the serial number and registered the device on Rogers first.   

If you haven't already, unplug the unit for a few seconds then plug it back in and see if you get further.   First time you plug in, the unit has to download a lot of updates and may not finish properly.   Allow at least 15 minutes for the unit to actually start up.   You should see  4 dashes when you plug in, then nothing, then a spinning oval bit pattern, then nothing, then the clock showing when it's done.   NB2 is quite slow to start up, typically about 15 minutes or more.    If you put your ear up close to it, you should hear the hard drive spinning or ticking a bit if it's operating.  

If after several tries, you get nowhere, you might need to return it.  

Careful.  The Cisco NB 2.0 in Ontario is much different than the New Brunswick version (Motorola).

I've Been Here Awhile

FWIW, I sent the box for a reset via my Account page and all is peachy now.