New version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports Samsung Galaxy Nexus... but...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports Samsung Galaxy Nexus... but...

SO Rogers_Nicolas. I wonder where you get your info from. The list has NOT changed like you said it would & the Galaxy Nexus has not yet been supported like you said it is.

Called in & spoke to a few Managers & they told me the same, the list shows as its not supported yet.

I wonder if the new phones Rogers releases will be supported...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports Samsung Galaxy Nexus... but...

You need to add either the 12/16$ Visual Voicemail for Android Value Pack, NOT the MMS version. It is working on my Galaxy Nexus.

Second thing: Rogers must have listed in their system that you have a Galaxy Nexus or similar phone
If you didn't buy your phone through Rogers, then it is likely that Galaxy Nexus is not listed in the account, and you will NOT be able to add the Value Pack.

The Android value pack should show up under Value Packs under your My Rogers account (modify add-ons). I do not work for Rogers, so I have no special privilege that others do NOT.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If the Visual Voice Mail app indicates that your phone is now supported, then you should be able to add the Value Pack (Android)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The Sony Xperia X10, Arc, Play are supported officially at the moment. (You need to change Value Packs for it to work)
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks joelaw

..I'm loath to spend another 3 hours with customer service / tech support for them just to tell me it doesn't work.

but what the heck.

I also only subscribed to the visual voicemail when the VPs were on 50% off...so I don't want to lose my discount by doing it online.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you search on Google Play and downlaod the app, it will tell you if yoyr device is supported or not. As for the Sony xperia s i guess Rogers is not supporting it even tho it's a their phone... Reading threw all the comments left on the app, it seems everyone has issues with it. Also you can not use it if you're wifi is on. You will need to turn off wifi and the use the app. I am sorry but that is stupid..
Highlighted

As an update...

Customer service doesn't seem to understand that the "for MMS" and "for Android" are different packages...Took me a week to get that answer...On hold with Tech support..(4th time now?) to see what they can do.

I've also been sent instructions on how to setup my VVM on my Droid X, with a link to Android Central incase something isn't working.

Here I though I had a Nexus, and that Rogers didn't sell any Moto Droid branded phones, and that Android Central was a blog site...

Who knew!

Highlighted

Tech Support says "Your phone isn't on the compatible list"

(That was Tech support call #5)

...Can...Really no two people give me the same answer.  I'm really getting frustrated with this whole process.  In the interim, half the people say it should work as is, and have say my phone isn't supported. 

So.

Going to stick with Tech support call 5, and avoid Customer Support call 10, until someone actually fixes it.

Oh, nevermind.  They hung up. 

Call #6 (+10) --> "Nothing wrong with your phone" you need Customer Support."

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Smeelious,

I've sent you a PM.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

So the app now supports many phones. Just checked it and it says it does support the Galaxy Nexus.