New version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports Samsung Galaxy Nexus... but...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports Samsung Galaxy Nexus... but...

The new version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports the Galaxy Nexus among other new phones.... But apparently Rogers does not support Galaxy Nexus users having this feature.

It is now advertised that the software released on May 10th supports the Galaxy NexuS amoung other phones, but after a 30 minute conversation with customer service and tech support, they could only say that the option does not show up in their systems, and technical support claims that according to their system it is still not supported.

What is the joke here...!

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports Samsung Galaxy Nexus... but...

I can now confirm that Rogers has updated there Server's maybe after reading this and my service ticket. Rogers Visual Voicemail is now available to Nexus and the new phones. Rejoice....

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New version of Rogers Visual voicemail supports Samsung Galaxy Nexus... but...

It's always a joke. I wonder if Rogers will ever support the new phones with it. I own both the Galaxy Nexus & the Sony Xperia S & when i spoke to Samsung & Sony they both told me the phones are able to do Visual Voicemail but Rogers fails to activate it & all. What is the point of Visual Voicemail Value packs if you can not use it? It does not make sense but its Rogers right? Nothing makes sense with them lol.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well...supposedly it does work now.  That is someone at the rogers tech support has it working on their nexus.  Not soo much on mine.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I an sure it works, but someone in the back office group has to enable the feature for the Galaxy Nexus along with the other added phones so that customer service can add the option. Otherwise they will keep incorrectly telling customers that: According to technical support your phone is NOT supported yet....
Highlighted

well thankfully my ticket was resolved!

oh wait, no it wasn't.

For what it's worth my wife's Experia Arc is also "supported".  I'm sure I've seen people who have the xperia arc use VVP...

bleh.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello all,

We’ve just confirmed the Samsung Nexus is compatible with the Visual Voicemail application. Rogers.com will be updated with a list of the new eligible devices shortly.

Cheers,

Nicolas

@RogersNicolas

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can now confirm that Rogers has updated there Server's maybe after reading this and my service ticket. Rogers Visual Voicemail is now available to Nexus and the new phones. Rejoice....

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Still not working for me. bleh.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

SO i guess Rogers either us lazy to update the website or does not know how to. Like if you want customers to use the Visual voicemail for Android or Blackberry at least update the site with what phones can use it.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=AppsAddons&category=80&landingPageLink...

"Supported Devices (Rogers will continue to add to the below list of supported devices)

• BlackBerry® - BlackBerry® 9800, 9700, 9360
  • Android - Sony EricssonX10, Samsung Galaxy Q
  • Mobile phones - any smartphone or non-smartphone device that supports picture/video (MMS) messaging"

All i want to know if Rogers will support the Xperia S that is a Rogers phone ( seeing as Rogers is selling it ONLY threw Sony store)

Highlighted

Well..

The website still isn't updated and the service still claims that I'm not subscribed.  I assume nothing has changed.