New to iPhone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New to iPhone

Howdy Smiley Happy

I've always been a Blackberry kinda gal and recently switched to an iPhone 3.

I didn't think I'd like it, I'm used to Blackberry and have always been a supporter of RIM.

How having said that, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone! It's great!  I can't say that I'd go back now.

What I'd like to know is the "essentials" for what I may  need...I have downloaded a few apps and can always take the ones off I don't need, etc.  I'd prefer the free ones, but am not adverse to buying a few.

Also, with the looming i5 coming out, is the iPhone 3 going to go by the wayside and I should start saving now?

Thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New to iPhone

I might get banned for saying this but anyways, 

Previously it was important " at least for most " to jailbreak your iphone to get many of the capabilities that are so useful thatones android phones have, with IOS 5 coming out Jailbreaking your phone now is just really gonna be for cracked app ( free apps ). So I wouldn't recommend doing it anymore, that being said I think you should really get an Iphone 4 ( not S ) because they are going to be so cheap as soon as this comes out and they are a huge upgrade to the iphone 3. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm a Trusted Advisor

There is not iphone 5. Its call iphone 4S. Applejust announced it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well pardon me for the name mistake, I hope it's forgivable!Smiley Wink

Let me rephrase my question properly then:

<q>Also, with the looming 4S coming out, is the iPhone 3 going to go by the wayside and I should start saving now?</q>

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I might get banned for saying this but anyways, 

Previously it was important " at least for most " to jailbreak your iphone to get many of the capabilities that are so useful thatones android phones have, with IOS 5 coming out Jailbreaking your phone now is just really gonna be for cracked app ( free apps ). So I wouldn't recommend doing it anymore, that being said I think you should really get an Iphone 4 ( not S ) because they are going to be so cheap as soon as this comes out and they are a huge upgrade to the iphone 3. 

View solution in original post