New highend android phones with a qwerty hardware keyboard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

New highend android phones with a qwerty hardware keyboard

Well, I know the Captivate will be coming to Rogers soon, but I am hoping that Rogers will be adding a high end qwerty keyboard device to the lineup as well. Ideally it would be nice if Rogers announced plans for a qwerty android with Froyo (Android 2.2) around the time Captivate is released, alteast so customers know there is another high end option with a qwerty keyboard coming...

Some options:

-Motorola Milestone 2 (just announced by Motorola on Sept 1)

-HTC Desire Z (similar to T-mobile G2 but available outside the USA)

-Samsung Galaxy S Pro (don't know if a GSM version exists yet)

My preference of these phones would be the HTC Desire Z, or the Galaxy S Pro (if that exists on the GSM network with HSDPA).

Pros of the Desire Z include stock Android Froyo (2.2), and new Snapdragon 1 Ghz processor, hopefully similar in speed to Samsung 1 Ghz processor.

Ideally I would prefer a 5 row keyboard rather than a 4 row, but I'll grab whichever hardware keyboard is available on Rogers. Rogers needs a replacement to the ancient HTC Dream, and hopefully one of these phones get released soon with Rogers.

I originally was planning on the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, but since I have been using a hardware qwerty keyboard for 6 years now, I would find if difficult to just a touchscreen, without a hardware keyboard.

Rogers please consider making an announcement of an alternate high-end Android before releasing (shipping) the Captivate.

Thanks for your consideration!

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New highend android phones with a qwerty hardware keyboard

in this vein...
i nominate...
the HTC G2.
I love my Dream. Please, please get the new HTC G2, in a timeframe that's at least somewhat comparable to the US providers? (psst... I just read that T-mobile is taking preorders)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, possibly good news: I sent an online request to Samsung support, inquiring about the possibility of a 3G version of the Epic 4G. I also mentioned I was in Canada. The response I received was to expect a release in October. I almost fell off my chair with excitement. Now, I just have to wait to see if it becomes available, and if by some miracle it gets released on Rogers. I am sure Rogers knows it needs to add a couple more high end androids to the line up. I hope they release a couple of qwerty androids, as I don't see myself purchasing a WinPhone 7 device in the future.

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Brent @tweaked

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions on new Android phones and hardware.

Our forums were created to provide a venue where customers can help each other with technical questions.

For discussions on new devices, please visit our RedBoard blog at http://redboard.rogers.com or http://twitter.com/RogersBuzz.

Cheers!