New firmware for Lumia 900

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New firmware for Lumia 900

No we can't download camera extras yet. Its USA only till end of July.
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks man! the trick worked for me as well!!

I Plan to Stick Around

No worries.  Actually I was able to download camera extras a long time ago, it just showed up in the marketplace if I remember right, I wonder if being able to access that is purely related to your system locale settings.  I actually have all of mine set to US, so try changing it all to united states, and maybe try restarting your phone. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Update notification arrived last night!  Installed 8773 today.  Hurrah!

Not sure if it changed the firmware, tho... sorry about that.

Now at:

Firware: 2175.1002.8107.12084

/drt
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe that is still the older firmware. I'm sure we will get it soon. I hope anyways. Good you got Tango though.

I Plan to Stick Around

@drtolson wrote:

Update notification arrived last night!  Installed 8773 today.  Hurrah!

Not sure if it changed the firmware, tho... sorry about that.

Now at:

Firware: 2175.1002.8107.12084

Cool .. Still old fimrware i think .. can you try and see is ur flip to silense is working ? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnMsPrp58Y

I Plan to Stick Around

Two fixes worked for me .. not the firmware fix ..
I've Been Here Awhile

Want the Camera Extras for the Nokia Lumia 900?  You may have to wait awhile until ROGERS releases a more current update.

Below is the response I received from NOKIA Canada on this issue:

"Thank you for emailing the Nokia Canada Careline.

In response to your inquiry, we are sorry to inform you that currently, we do not yet have information regarding the availability of the Nokia Camera Extras application for the Nokia Lumia 900 from Rogers Canada. However, please be advised that the said application is only available for Lumia phones with software version 7.10.8773.98 or later."

The recent update that ROGERS released this week, is older than what is required.

Eventually we'll get it.... I hope.  

I Plan to Stick Around

This is the version you should be getting now. However also note that this isn't true, I got the Camera Extras showing up on my phone about a month ago, well before I updated to 7.10.8773.98
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI, I just had a look at this, and it's probably because my windows live ID's locale is United States. In the marketplace i get the EN-US app's showing up.

Note this is the direct link for Camera Extras in the marketplace, you can try opening it from your phone, probably won't work : https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/1e310870-4f8b-424f-ab09-cba832770981

The problem : you can only set the locale once when you create your live account, and you can only set your liveid once when you add it to your phone... Anyone have a phone they don't mind reseting to try this out? it's kinda extreme just to get the extras, they are cool, but i've only used them once 🙂