New firmware for Lumia 900

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iceman153
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New firmware for Lumia 900

Nope 😞  You loose everything, except things that are sync'd online, like gmail contacts, photos, skydrive stuff etc..  The best solution is for Rogers to get Nokia to release the Network Setup app in the Canadian Market, or provide some method to install it.

Drifter
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok I rolled back the update, now i have intenet sharing.

My current OS Ver:7.10.8773.98

Firmware:8779.12229

But now i have the purple screen crap. How can i update the OS back to 8779? will it be ever posted on Zune?

jonofezz
I've Been Here Awhile

Ask Rogers about that one. They're being being closed lip.

JF
gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around

what was the latest update we got?? i just did one the other day

lambo2655
I've Been Here Awhile

I follow all the instructions to connect my phone through the Zune software have plenty of free space on my phone and PC but I keep getting a failed update error code 80180089. I have even used an ethernet cable directly to my router thinking my Wifi was at fault but that didn't help. I'm stuck with the factory version firmware on the phone. No one in tech support from various places have been able to solve this issue. Is my phone messed up I just got it in May of this year?

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

On what step of the update does it fail and what is the accompanying message with this error code? This is unfortunately one of those fun codes that aren't listed in the troubleshooting article.

Are you certain you have Zune 4.8? Check at Settings>Software>General>About Zune. The current version as of this post is 4.8.2345.0.

Have you been able to update your phone before? On your phone if you go to Settings>about>more info, what is the OS version?

lambo2655
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Can't Update Firmware on my Lumia 900

Thank you for your reply. The update fails at the final step. It just says Update failed with the error code I mentioned. I have the latest version of Zune software. I was able to update the phone once but I had to wipe it completely in order for the update to work but at the time it was another version of the firmware not the most recent one. The firmware version on my phone is the factory default setting OS version is 7.10.8773.98. Firmware version is 2175.1002.8107.12084

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's a thread on the Microsoft Community forum that deals with this error code.  There might be something in there to help, but most people in the thread seem to be getting the error sooner in the process -- while Zune is trying to complete a backup of the device.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/cannot-update-phone-error-code-80180089/0... 

/drt
jptbay
I Plan to Stick Around

Wanted to say thanks for this thread. Heart

I finally broke down and flashed my lumia 900 with the nokia care suite. All features now work perfectly and I have the latest software and firmware, no thanks to Rogers.

On the Rogers/Tbaytel network, so I thought I would post to let others who may be using the same network, that the nokia care suite flash will work for them as well.

RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around

So got a replacement Lumia 900 under warranty. Has the 8779 FW and 8779 OS. Latest of both from what I gather.

So can someone tell me how flip-to-silence works? Anyone else with the latest version has this feature? What am I missing? Thx