New firmware for Lumia 900

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New firmware for Lumia 900

Hi everyone!

As of September 20, the software update for Lumia 900 Rogers Customers is now available through Zune or Windows Phone Connector for Mac. Customers who accepted the August 15th software update to firmware .12222 should opt for the “Restore” option through Zune before accepting the latest update to .12224 to avoid losing their data.

Customers have an alternative option and can reset their phone by following these instructions:

- Launch Settings

- Select About

- Select Reset your Phone

Please note choosing this alternative option will reset the device to factory settings and any user data will be deleted.

- All contacts, photos and videos should be backed up to Zune. Apps can be re-downloaded from Marketplace once the reset is complete.

jptbay
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the update. A few questions.

1. Will this restore the internet sharing feature?

2. What about OS version 8779 update from Microsoft? The update you are refering to is for a firmware update from Nokia.

Thanks, John.

jptbay
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm mad at you now Rogers!

You should of warned us about this on the 20th. I've already installed the new update, and now cannot restore to the earlier version.

Now I'm going to loose all my text messages and game achievments to get this phone to work right.

THANKS FOR NOTHING!  Cat Mad

dr_fowler
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hi everyone!

As of September 20, the software update for Lumia 900 Rogers Customers is now available through Zune or Windows Phone Connector for Mac. Customers who accepted the August 15th software update to firmware .12222 should opt for the “Restore” option through Zune before accepting the latest update to .12224 to avoid losing their data.

Customers have an alternative option and can reset their phone by following these instructions:

- Launch Settings

- Select About

- Select Reset your Phone

Please note choosing this alternative option will reset the device to factory settings and any user data will be deleted.

- All contacts, photos and videos should be backed up to Zune. Apps can be re-downloaded from Marketplace once the reset is complete.

Darrell,

For those of us who updated to .12224 without restoring before hand, how to we fix the internet sharing issue that is still not resolved?  Are you suggesting that if I now do a system restore on my phone I will get tethering working again?  I've avoided doing this up to this point in the hope that I would not have to do a system wipe and lose all my app settings, but it seems like that might be unavoidable now.

It seems that if you (Rogers) had pushed out the 8779 OS update this would have been avoided, but you still haven't pushed the update out for some reason. 

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

I updated to the 12224 version and I think it included 8779.  (At least, that's what I'm showing now on my Lumia 900).  Sorry, don't use the Internet Sharing option, so I can't tell you if it's 'fixed' or not.

/drt
Jeggstar
I've Been Here Awhile

Where does this leave folks who updated their phones when a phone update became available, assuming said update would correct the internet sharing problem?

Jeggstar
I've Been Here Awhile

Did you hard/factory reset your phone? Did it fix the internet sharing?

jonofezz
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers,

You are a seriously disappointing joke. I'm about ready to drop you guys like a band habit due to this issue... oh but wait... you've got us locked in to contracts....

I've been w/o the Internet Sharing for months, despite the fact I need it. I've called your support and no one has a goddamn clue and/or they're really great at playing stupid, always pointing towards Nokia or Microsoft.

The 8779 issue (having OS 8773 and not 8779 to match our firmware) is YOUR issue, not anyone elses. Get your stuff together. This is so annoying. I think that as an "ooops, we're sorry" you guys should be tossing all of your Windows Phone users a bit of a rebate. You guys are really killing the otherwise great Windows Phone experience, between your sales folks at your stores talking against it ("I bet you'll be returning that Nokia 900 and getting an Android within a week", I was told) and your completely faulty communication and customer service.

Get it together before we're forced to use someone else!

AND FIX THIS 8779 ISSUE. WHY CANT I GET THIS UPDATE?

JF
iceman153
I Plan to Stick Around

A factory reset on your phone should fix the issue, if you havn't tried that it's a good option, just make sure you make a list of your app's, re-installing is definately a pain.  It's obviously not ideal, the Network Setup app below is what you really want.

The best option is to get the Nokia Network Setup app on your phone.  At the moment the only way to do this is to have a US live account, so if you havn't purchased alot of app's this is another solution for you (but also requires a phone reset to change live accounts...).  I had issues with internet sharing and the Network Setup app fixed them instantly.  Perhaps Nokia support could help get this app onto your phone, I don't know if they have any tricky ways to work around the country availability.

Rogers - you could apply pressure to Nokia to have them support the Network Setup app in Canada, if they did this would resolve all of the issues.  I was having MMS problems, and Internet sharing wasn't working, this app is the fix, the app works perfectly, just some red tape to cut through.

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you do a factory reset you will lose things like SMS messages and phone settings. Any way to reset the phone without losing any of that?