Apparently, Lumia 900 users on AT&T are getting new firmware to address proximity sensor and purple screen issues.
Hopefully Rogers will push this out soon too.
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
A couple hints here, one,
- don't bother downloading the OEM roms from the forum post, you do that in the tool and the link on that post is for the ATT rom anyway, not ours.
- when downloading nokia care suite and data package manager just click on the link in the forum post, ignore any download buttons you see (mirror creater is really annoying...), scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see a spinning icon stating "Fetching download links". Watch that for 30 seconds or so and it'll turn into a bunch of links of different mirror sites with the file. I found Game Front the best mirror, it's fast and doesn't have as much junk to sift through to find the download link, so head over to the game front site by clicking the download link for it. At game front The big Download Now button right in the middle is actually the download link, just hit that and it should start, you might need to click the click here to download link on the next page, it downloaded at 2-3mb/s for me.
- once you have the files watch the video for a tutorial on what to do, you might need to install the visual C++ runtime, but the installer gives you a link to it from microsoft.
- let me know if you get stuck, i'm glad to help out 🙂
Things I'm reading from comments about the update, generally people seem to be very happy with it.
- Purple tint on low brightness definately fixed so you can set it back to Automatic
- Improved Response on touch screen
- Improved Camera
Cmon Rogers.....just because we all aren't posting on here doesn't mean we don't all want it.
At least give us an idea as to when it will be available. If AT&T customers are getting, it we should too.