cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware for Lumia 900

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently, Lumia 900 users on AT&T are getting new firmware to address proximity sensor and purple screen issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27067775#post27067775

Hopefully Rogers will push this out soon too.

***edited labels***

/drt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New firmware for Lumia 900

iceman153
I Plan to Stick Around

A couple hints here, one,

- don't bother downloading the OEM roms from the forum post, you do that in the tool and the link on that post is for the ATT rom anyway, not ours. 

- when downloading nokia care suite and data package manager just click on the link in the forum post, ignore any download buttons you see (mirror creater is really annoying...), scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see a spinning icon stating "Fetching download links".  Watch that for 30 seconds or so and it'll turn into a bunch of links of different mirror sites with the file.  I found Game Front the best mirror, it's fast and doesn't have as much junk to sift through to find the download link, so head over to the game front site by clicking the download link for it.  At game front The big Download Now button right in the middle is actually the download link, just hit that and it should start, you might need to click the click here to download link on the next page, it downloaded at 2-3mb/s for me.

- once you have the files watch the video for a tutorial on what to do, you might need to install the visual C++ runtime, but the installer gives you a link to it from microsoft.

- let me know if you get stuck, i'm glad to help out 🙂

View solution in original post

202 REPLIES 202

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

If we go by the last update, we are looking at 1-2 weeks away. Hopefully that's not the case

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around
Yup expect 2-3 weeks of wait time unless some magic happens 😉

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

Things I'm reading from comments about the update, generally people seem to be very happy with it.

- Purple tint on low brightness definately fixed so you can set it back to Automatic

- Improved Response on touch screen

- Improved Camera

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around
anyone tried yet .. i didnt yet so cant comment ..

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing seen yet through Zune....

/drt

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
any sign of new firmware or tango yet other then new purchased phones?

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@gorebashd wrote:
any sign of new firmware or tango yet other then new purchased phones?

Guessing another few more weeks 

BrendanC
I Plan to Stick Around

Cmon Rogers.....just because we all aren't posting on here doesn't mean we don't all want it. 

At least give us an idea as to when it will be available.  If AT&T customers are getting, it we should too.

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
Mebbe if we posted every day they will hear us lol even if we are like Horton hears a who

vieagle
I've Been Here Awhile

we are here, we are here, we are here, we are here:)

Hmm, kinda makes me want to buy a AT&T phone then unlock it to use on Rogers...cause then I'll get updates quicker:)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a quick update.  We can confirm that there will be an update for the Nokia Lumia 900. At this time we are currently waiting for Microsoft to provide us with the update to validate. We’re aiming to provide it by the end of July.

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
is that the Nokia firmware update or the Tango update 8337? Or both Nicholas? Just curious.

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

Vieagle...don't count on it.

The reason I bought a Lumia 900 from Rogers (before my contract was up for renewal) was because I got tired of waiting for AT&T to update teh Samsung Focus S to 8107.  As far as I know, they STILL haven't sent it out.

/drt

So Nicolas (RogersNicolas),

You're telling me, that the update that AT&T pushed out 3 weeks ago to correct the Purple Screen issue (and numerous other issues), is going to take till the end of July for Rogers?

You mentioned that you (Rogers) are waiting for the update from Microsoft?

According to Microsoft, Nokia, and as quoted by Nokia's President of Americas, they provided the update to Rogers at the same time as AT&T which was more than 3+ weeks ago... They have all said it's out of their hands as Rogers needs to approve the update to roll it out...

Did someone at Rogers not open the package or e-mail with update information? Could you get in touch with whoever internally handles Windows Phone as Rogers and find out what communication they have missed from Microsoft or Nokia as obviously the person handling WP7 updates at Rogers has dropped the ball...

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
So the 710 & 800 start rolling out tango today yet we don't get clear answer on 900. Only at&t and Rogers did not ship 900 with tango. Worldwide it did. Would love a clearer answer

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around
According to wpcentral, Rogers lumia 900 customers are starting to get the new firmware first followed by the tango update. I am out of country so I can't confirm this yet.

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

I just plugged mine in and got nothing.   It's telling me that 8107 is the latest.   I'm thinking that WPCentral got some bad information.

Also, Rogers getting anything faster than AT&T on this phone would surprise me greatly..

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
Me either. Same with my 710, and Focus. I think it's misinformation this time.

mii
I Plan to Stick Around

On the contrary...

I got the Tango update yesterday; it installed two updates one right after the other and im now up to date. The updates are being released in batches I believe.

The update did not update the firmware however, it was strictly a software update...i'm still hoping for that firmware update soon..purple keyboard so annoying..

OS Version: 7.10.8773.98

Firmware Revision Number: 2175.1002.8107.12084

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats