New firmware for Lumia 900

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New firmware for Lumia 900

Mebbe if we posted every day they will hear us lol even if we are like Horton hears a who
I've Been Here Awhile

we are here, we are here, we are here, we are here:)

Hmm, kinda makes me want to buy a AT&T phone then unlock it to use on Rogers...cause then I'll get updates quicker:)

Retired Moderator RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a quick update.  We can confirm that there will be an update for the Nokia Lumia 900. At this time we are currently waiting for Microsoft to provide us with the update to validate. We’re aiming to provide it by the end of July.

I Plan to Stick Around

is that the Nokia firmware update or the Tango update 8337? Or both Nicholas? Just curious.
I Plan to Stick Around

Vieagle...don't count on it.

The reason I bought a Lumia 900 from Rogers (before my contract was up for renewal) was because I got tired of waiting for AT&T to update teh Samsung Focus S to 8107.  As far as I know, they STILL haven't sent it out.

/drt
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So Nicolas (RogersNicolas),

You're telling me, that the update that AT&T pushed out 3 weeks ago to correct the Purple Screen issue (and numerous other issues), is going to take till the end of July for Rogers?

You mentioned that you (Rogers) are waiting for the update from Microsoft?

According to Microsoft, Nokia, and as quoted by Nokia's President of Americas, they provided the update to Rogers at the same time as AT&T which was more than 3+ weeks ago... They have all said it's out of their hands as Rogers needs to approve the update to roll it out...

Did someone at Rogers not open the package or e-mail with update information? Could you get in touch with whoever internally handles Windows Phone as Rogers and find out what communication they have missed from Microsoft or Nokia as obviously the person handling WP7 updates at Rogers has dropped the ball...

I Plan to Stick Around

So the 710 & 800 start rolling out tango today yet we don't get clear answer on 900. Only at&t and Rogers did not ship 900 with tango. Worldwide it did. Would love a clearer answer
I Plan to Stick Around

According to wpcentral, Rogers lumia 900 customers are starting to get the new firmware first followed by the tango update. I am out of country so I can't confirm this yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just plugged mine in and got nothing.   It's telling me that 8107 is the latest.   I'm thinking that WPCentral got some bad information.

Also, Rogers getting anything faster than AT&T on this phone would surprise me greatly..

I Plan to Stick Around

Me either. Same with my 710, and Focus. I think it's misinformation this time.