New email for those who Exceed bandwidth

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

New email for those who Exceed bandwidth

I recieved the following email today for exceeding bandwidth. I called and spoke to a rep who confirmed my suspicion that this is system generated and doesn't apply to those of us who are Portable Internet transition clients. Our overage limits are still capped at $100 per month.

Dear ------,

RE: Your Rogers Account ------,

We've noticed you've exceeded the monthly data allotment for your Rocket™ hub plan at least once over the last 6 months by 132.89GB and were charged overage fees.

Here's how you can manage your data usage to help prevent overage charges in the future:

Sign into My Rogers at rogers.com/myrogers

Click on ACCOUNT, then the OVERVIEW tab

Select your Rocket hub account

Usage details will be found on right side under Data

Call us at
1 855 244-3807
and we'll help you find
a plan that may better
suit your needs.

To better understand how different types of online activity incur different amounts of data plan usage, visit rogers.com/datacalculator and check the usage examples listed under Rocket™ stick, which reflects computer connectivity similar to the Rocket hub.

A reminder about how data usage is charged.

Your Rocket hub data plan's monthly service fee includes an allotment of data for internet usage on the Rogers wireless network – if exceeded, overage charges will apply at a rate of $10/GB plus applicable taxes.

For example:

15 GB of additional data = $150 in overage fees, plus applicable taxes

20 GB of additional data = $200 in overage fees, plus applicable taxes

At Rogers, we're committed to ensuring you have the tools to manage your account and hope this information is helpful to you.

*** Edited Labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: New email for those who Exceed bandwidth

I got that email as well.   I think Rogers is just trying to drum up business.

I'm Here A Lot

Ridiculous. i'm going to end up paying 260 dollars this month for sub par, ineffecient internet. I was not given a prior warning of these fines either, nor do I recall them being in my contract. Highly unethical, and deeply saddening. I should have gone with Bell. 

I'm Here A Lot

Were you a Portable Internet subscriber before getting the Rocket Hub?

If you were then you are on the transition plan and are NOT affected by the overages in that email.

That was the point of my post

I've Been Here Awhile

We'd received an email as well, saying we'd gone over by 44 GB (no month was given). Still scratching my head over it, as our usage hasn't changed, and there are no kids in the house to be sneaking in a bunch of youtube or attempting to download movies etc.

We had purchased portable internet previously, but had to cancel because the service wasn't available in our area (the rep wasn't sure and had told us to try it, and return it if it didn't work).

I'll have to find out if we qualify as "previous portable internet subscribers). There aren't any other internet options in my neck of the woods, except sattelite.

I'm Here A Lot

You will never forgive yourself for getting Satellite, trust me. Not worth a penny.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I've seen. We did our homework on satellite, and it didn't seem to be much of a solution. This left us with the rocket hub as our only viable choice. Even dial up doesn't work properly out here, so the rocket hub has been really useful , but the 10gb cap is so easy to go over.
I'm Here A Lot

I've been on a Rocket Hub for 2 years and have always had a $50 overage maximum on my bill even when I've pushed 50GB in a month. One month I got a letter warning me that I was using too much when I used 70GB by messing up and accidentally allowing an online backup service to start backing my whole hard drive. This $50 max is the only thing keeping me on Rogers right now because being in a rural area it and satellite are literally the only options. I received this same email and called Rogers immediately to find out why. The CS rep had no information for me though, other that to say that as far as he could tell nothing on my account had changed. He was not familiar with the $50 overage max though.

I Plan to Stick Around

trolley howed you make out now...I bet not so good!!!!!!