New Tab S, Suggestions for Apps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

New Tab S, Suggestions for Apps

Hello People.

So I have gotten my mother a New Gold Tab S on Easy Pay and all the fun stuff.

My Question is simple:

What Apps do you suggest for her?

She isn't... Tech Savvy... BUT she is super mom. (She uses more data than me on her iPhone and she is at home mostly. So that should tell you that OMG she is a heavy user)

Also. This is her first OWN android (She stole my 1 Gen Tab 10.1 by Samsung a while back but it was all my apps)

She likes simple arcade games, YouTube and likes to learn a lot of things.

Already set her up on DropBox and Gmail account (so now she can stalk me on all Google services; Yes i use Google+ shh)

Just looking for suggestions on Apps.

If its Paid apps, just advise me of the price as well. If its Free, tell me its free. (I rather not buy too many Apps but don't mind spending money on her; she's my mother after all.)

Even though I am an Android user. I just use it for a lot more automation purposes and social media. I wouldn't think of apps for her besides nerdy techy stuff which she isn't into.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: New Tab S, Suggestions for Apps

Good afternoon ShakTib,

Getting your super mother a tablet is a great gesture!

Regarding the different types of apps that she can enjoy, I would suggest the following:

1- Candy Crush is a very fun arcade type of game!

2- On an educational level, there is an app called Lumosity. This is a training program that challenges your brain.

3- Pinterest is also a good option. This is an app that will help your mother discover and save creative ideas. Being a super mom, it will definitely come in handy!

Hope this helped! Smiley Tongue

Lena

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

it all depends what are your interests are , let me say first i love this tablet i have other ones also but this is my fav. it would be too long of a list of apps , go to google play service there is a section specific for tablets , also search youtube , android cenral and so on , dont believe some of the negative user reviews there expectation of apps might be different then yours, i hope that helps a little bit . Cheers , Mate

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

here some great apps for your Mom ..... Solitaire for sure every mom likes to play Solitaire , Yummly , Allthecooks , Paprika Skype , Pinterest , Flipboard and maybe Facebook ..... i hope this help a bit . Cheers

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Ooh. Skype yes I need to get that, she needs that.
Facebook and Candy Crush. Definitely.
Some brain games seem good. Lumosity is definitely a good choice.

She isn't the solitaire type. but i'll check out yummly, allthecooks, Paprika.

Thanks guys. I appriciate the suggestions.

Any more suggestions people?