New SIM card on old rate plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvn
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New SIM card on old rate plan

I agree with all the comments in this thread however i witnessed this with my own eyes. I was helping a friend switching a sim yesterday, we tried to do this via the portal and got an error, called the 1-800 number was told that the sim card change was blocked due to old plan that he has. He must update to a new plan to resolve this. I'm not sure if this is a new thing that Rogers is trying to do. Maybe if someone from Rogers can confirm this.
sandra7
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New SIM card on old rate plan

Original poster here.  I noticed there have been some recent replies on this thread.  Just as an update, I did go into a Rogers store (different store than my first attempt) and told them I had a new phone that took a micro  sim card instead of the regular sim that my old phone used.  He gave me a new micro sim card and put it in the phone and made sure it worked.  No problems whatsoever.  I did not even have to pay for the new card.  (He did kind of make fun of me for having such an old phone for so long! -- but he was nice about it).   I got the new sim card back in the spring and Rogers policy could have changed since then.