New Rogers advanced Wi-Fi modem!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: New Rogers advanced Wi-Fi modem!

An even bigger dream would be this one!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes, Motorola modems have always been reliable, but its hard to believe that 6180 seems a bit dated as it only supports 8x4 channels. When somebody on current Ultimate and CGN3 can get up to 16 downstream channels.

And Hitron modem I mentioned before is exactly the same as modem component in CGN3, that it it supports 24x8 channels.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I only mention that one because the D2 surfboard modems from Motorola were rock solid. Ever since they switched to the D3 modems, there have been major issues with signal strength and dropped connections. Rogers does not seem to get this!

I've Been Here Awhile

i have it for one week .much better than before

I've Been Around

Haven't seen anyone post this yet...was looking for it myself as I am having mine delivered on Friday.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

http://www.hitron-americas.com/assets/CGN3-datasheet1.pdf

Cheers Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Let us know Smiley Happy

Just remember with the datasheet.. as with ANY product from, well, just about any ISP.. they are rarely STOCK.  There may be features/things that are listed in the data sheets/manuals, which are NOT enabled by the ISP.

I've Been Around

Just got the CGN2 red looking one. It is a giant peice of crap for wireless. Never seen such bad wifi signals. For those of you who have tried the CGN3 would you recommend it? Or is the better idea to get an asus n66u router and run the CGN 2 in bridge?

I got extreme plus in my condo and get 3/5 bars on CGN2 and get 1-3mbps when I speed test on wifi, but 50+ on lan. Yes it's wifi is that bad.

CGN3 has excellent wireless. I had it for three weeks and just returned yesterday because it has some important to me router functions disabled, namely port forwarding and USB ports. If you do not need to forward ports and do not need to share an external USB drive or printer through your network - CGN3 is all your need. Wireless performed exceptionally on both bands. Signal was very strong.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, as per my knowledge all modems from rogers have the USB port disabled, not sure why but it would come in handy. also i want to go for the new Hitron CGN3 only for the stronger wifi range since the cisco one seems patchy in the basement.

Wireless performance on Cisco DPC3825 and Hitron CGNDM (yes, as one of the forum users correctly mentioned, the current Hitron gateway being offered is actually CGNDM application gateway (based on the pictures of the product from Hitron web-site) would be like day and night. I suggest going for it. But make sure you do not need to forward any ports. This feature is not available on Hitron!