New Rogers advanced Wi-Fi modem!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Rogers advanced Wi-Fi modem!

Is it actually showing as ACTIVE?  Or just on the list.  Some phones, etc will show the list of ANY ones it has connected to, in the past still on the list (just not connectable to).

I have the wireless OFF on my CGN3, and i do NOT see it when scanning for wireless networks.

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Hey guys,

CGN3 in Bridge mode, which port should i use at the back? Is it port 1? (which one is port 1, one towards power cord or one towards USB ports? Thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Should be port 1.

If you have it standing up (vertical).  the lights start closest to the TOP end and go downwards.
you want it in the TOP MOST port.

(apparently the others can/may work.. obtaining a 2nd external IP, etc.. from some user accounts.. but this may incur extra charges, etc.)

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Just to make sure, this is port 1? correct for Bridge mode?

http://urimage.net/images/2014/09/11/IMG20140911160002.jpg

Kind regards

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes that is port 1

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Thanks

Also, in manual it says, if port is gbit, it should be solid blue?

For some reason, mine is solid green, and its connected to R7000 (Bridge Mode) with CAT6 network cable.

I tried few other cables, CAT5e, etc, still the same color like in the image.

http://urimage.net/images/2014/09/11/IMG20140911174446jdn21.jpg

From them modem:

HW Version 1A SW Version

I'm Here A Lot

I am currently having an issue where I would loose connection for a moment after a certain period of time. This is only a problem for me when I am playing online games since I would be disconnected to the server. Sometimes this issue could acqure every hour or less.

I switch to this modem 3 months ago and the problem has began since. A technician has come and check that there are no problems with the hardwire. The only thing he has said was that the new modem accepts many differenct signals which may cause a minor interference. I am not completely sure what this means however. 

Is anyone else having this problem?

If anyone knows of a solution I would appreciate any help you can give.

Cheers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Damir, you are correct, "in manual it says, if port is gbit, it should be solid blue".  That is the front LED that we are discussing here which has a firmware bug, in terms of the displayed colour.  For a gigabit connection the front LED should be blue, but it shows green instead.  So, hopefully, until the next firmware release, ignore the front connection LED colour.  Look at the back of the CGN3 and confirm that for the port in question, you have a yellow / orange LED indicating a gigabit connection, or, a green LED indicating a 10/100 Mb/s connection.  If the LED is green, you will see throttled down data rates due to another firmware bug, that is, any connection with a 10/100 Mb/s device, which is directly connected to the CGN3 will see throttled down data rates.  To use any 10/100 Mb/s devices and see the max data rate for either the CGN3 or the device, you need to install a gigabit port equipped firewall, switch or router, (dependant on Gateway or Bridge mode) between the CGN3 and the device.

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Thank you ! Its yellow\orange flashing, and green is off, only yellow\orange light is flashing on activity (green is always off).

Big thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Melloncalle, are you playing via wired or wireless connection?  The other thing that comes to mind is the DHCP lease time.  Log into the modem and navigate to the Basic tab...LAN Setup (left hand sub-tab) and check that the DHCP lease time isn't set to 1 hour.  If so, extend it to something like 1 week.