New Rogers advanced Wi-Fi modem!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Rogers advanced Wi-Fi modem!

i just picked up the advanced Hitron, and i did notice that it is a different model than the one on their site because this one is missing the usb input in the front, regardless internet works great around the house, no longer have patchy areas. I dont use port forwarding but sure would have loved if the USB was active so i can properly use the HDD and printer.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Tedd,

did you ever get the port forwarding working on Hitron CGN-3 router? I can't get it to work even after spending numerous hours on it as well as searching on the internet. Technical Support from rogers is useless as this is beyond their level. to speak to a real tech person, they want to charge me.

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Port forwarding SHOULD be up and working on that model now, as of the latest firmware.  A couple of people have confirmed it.

Might be that yours is not updated to the latest? You should be able to call in and see if they can push the firmware update out.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Port forwarding is kind of working on CGN3. I can forward some ports but not all that I used to forward. I am still playing with CGN3 firewall settings so there is still a chance of getting something more out of it.

I've Been Here Awhile

You are right we went to the better modem because of the issues with the old one, paying almost double to have an even worse experience. They also via facebook promise to help me, has been now a week without response, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks guys. Their technical support is absolutely useless. All they can help you is to connect to the internet and that's about it. Beyond that, they want to charge, which is ridiculous. Why bother offering something to the customers that they can't even support.

Finally after playing around with the firewall settings, I got it working.

Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi, Shkemu:

Would you please share your lucky combination of the firewall settings at CGN3 Which allowed you to forward all the desired ports?
I've Been Here Awhile

Since Vonage had made me disable the Firewall settings, I had a suspicion it was causing the issues. So I enabled it again and set it to Minimum. Here are the current settings:

Minimum Security (Low):

No application or traffic is blocked. This is the default configuration

Allow (WAN-To-LAN): all

Blocked:

IDS enabled
IDENT (port 113)

Ping From WAN: Deny

Hope it helps.

I've Been Here Awhile

I was playing around to get my WD MY Cloud to work with the CGN3 and it was the firewall that caused the grief. The descriptions of the settings are not clear. When I set it to Minimum, it started working. The Firewall seems to be more focussed on preventing outbound more than inbound. Need to research more.

Does anyone have the link to the User Manual for the CGN3. The CGN2 manual is close enough but may not be complete.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have yet been able to find a manual for it, even from the manufacturer Smiley Sad