cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers Scam call or not?

Ocelot12
I'm Here A Lot

Greetings all!

I wanted to know if the number 1-855-415-2112 Is registered to Rogers Communications and is currently offering Samsung Tab S LTE for 0 interest over a 24 month payment plan?

Thank you for your time!

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Rogers Scam call or not?

RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Community,

I have confirmed that S&P is an authorized Rogers vendor and that the offer is legitimate.

Hope this helps to clarify.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I can't find any information that 1-855-415-2112 is a valid rogers # - If in doubt ignore it! or call rogers back and comfirm the information... Never give out information if your not certian of who it is... If it doesn't feel right it normally isn't!!!! 

However, I do know that there is some sort of promo being offer in relation to a Tablet.... I recieved a text about it if i upgraded my share plan to a higher one (the text came directly from rogers).....

So it very well can be a 3rd party company calling on behalf of rogers... 

Hard to tell.. wish i had a more solid answer 

jkroesen
Based on what I found on-line the # belongs to
1-855-415-2112 belongs to S&T Telephone Coop Association

Rogers does use 3rd party companies to call out for promotions, etc.

Bigest thing is making sure they are REAL ones.. which is hard 😞

Best thing i found.. i let THEM tell you the details. Dont give them your account info.. let them read it TO you, etc.. to confirm they have the info from rogers... that you are not giving it to someone else.

RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ocelot12 , thank you for your post.

I will take a closer look internally and let the community know what I find.

Until then Rogers does have a program that customer’s on a Share Everything plan can get a Tablet (Samsung LTE 2) for $0 on a 24 month payment plan. This is called Easy Pay .

Description

• Easy Pay is a tablet payment plan that allows customers to get any Rogers tablet for $0 down and no financing fees.
  • Cost of the hardware will be split and charged as equal monthly financing payments over 24 months.
  • The tablet monthly financing payment will automatically be dropped after 24 months.

Eligibility Requirements

• Rogers customers on a Share Everything or Share Everything for Business plan.
  • New and existing consumer and Small Business non-MSD customers including employees (50% discount not applicable to monthly device financing cost).
  • Must activate a $10 Share Everything Tablet Additional Line (limit of 9 as per Share Everything limitations) or $10 Share Everything Business Tablet Additional Line (limit of 25 as per Share Everything limitations).
  • Available to existing tablet or rocket stick or data only customers wishing to do a HUP. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Community,

I have confirmed that S&P is an authorized Rogers vendor and that the offer is legitimate.

Hope this helps to clarify.

I just got a call today from a "supposed 3rd party" offering a bundle internet/cable/home phone for Bell customers

Their number is 1885847611. I checked with Rogers support and didn't update my file as third parties have access to rogers system... in this case it sound like a phishing call as they wanted 2 pieces od ID from me ...

jix
I've Been Here Awhile

How can you get this sales person/ company to stop calling me, I feel I am being harassed I have repeatedly say I have all I need from Rogers.  He was a very aggressive salesman - I had to hang up a couple times. I refuse to answer now but the phone calls continue everyday !!! If it doesn't stop soon, I am cancelling Rogers all together and going to some other supplier. 

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@xiko62 @jix

I can certainly see how that could be frustrating.
Have you configured your marketing permissions before?
In just a few clicks you can self manage what type of communications you do not wish to receive from Rogers.

To do so please click here.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
RogersMay

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersMay wrote:

Have you configured your marketing permissions before?
In just a few clicks you can self manage what type of communications you do not wish to receive from Rogers.

To do so please click here.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
RogersMay

Thanks for posting a link to Marketing Permissions. That used to be on our Profile page, but Rogers removed it. However, I don't understand why one would need to enter one's name, postal code and email address when one is already signed in.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JohhnyRockets

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Thanks for posting a link to Marketing Permissions. That used to be on our Profile page, but Rogers removed it. However, I don't understand why one would need to enter one's name, postal code and email address when one is already signed in.

It really does not matter whether Rogers removed it or not. It never worked anyway. We always had our permissions set to not receive telemarketing calls, but no matter, we received them anyways. The only solution we ever found that worked was to add them to our "call block" list assuming of course you have Rogers Home Phone and that is one of your added features!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

That's fine if you have a call block feature on your home phone or cellphone. It should not be something you have to buy. But the hard core telemarketers use random and spoofed called I.Ds anyway. I'm sure Rogers would implement available call screening technology if customers receiving calls on cellphones wasn't a solid revenue source.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JohhnyRockets

@OLDYELLR

I agree with you! The reason why the marketing permissions does not work is because Rogers wants their 3rd party marketers to be able to contact you - whether on a cell phone or home phone!

Note: I went on-line just now to check on the marketing permissions feature and got the following message: Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience! Wonderful!

barndoor

JohhnyRockets wrote:

Note: I went on-line just now to check on the marketing permissions feature and got the following message: Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience! Wonderful!

Now  @JohhnyRockets ... you keep doing that !   Just what is it YOU are  doing to keep compromising that  excellent , constantly improving service that Rogers is providing you.   Smiley Surprised

Bill___
I Plan to Stick Around

I just received a call from these people and declined their offer to "go over my bill".

The problem that I've had is that every time someone makes a change to my bill, they screw something up.  Literally.  So I am hesitant to have them do anything even if it is legit.

I have never, in recent memory, (or my life probably) dealt with an organization where the bill gets screwed up each and every time they touch it.  Names get transcribed incorrectly even when it is a text chat.

It should get fixed.

Maritimegirl9
I've Been Around

They just called me.  They said they wanted to make sure I got the most out of my plan and when I asked "what plan, with who", they said "your cell phone", I then asked "what company are you calling from" and they said it was Rogers.  I then asked if I could call back just to make sure it was legit and they HUNG UP ON ME. If you ask me, if you are legit and actually representing a company, then you wouldn't do that.  Scammers look for what they want and if they don't get it they move on, with no care about service or who they represent.  I have blocked them.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I got this call tonight from unknown name, unknown number was one I have not run into before.

The call started with an introduction that they were calling from Rogers about a bundled package (didn't get the full details or price because I couldn't understand through his accent, or the background noise of an obviously large call centre).  I had him repeat it, and I couldn't understand him.

He then said, you are a Bell customer aren't you?  I said, I choose not to say, but I will listen to the offer.

He immediately hung up.

This one seems like a potential fishing telemarketing call, as why would he use the fishing question, you are with Bell aren't you?  That could then lead to a comparison and information on your existing package at Bell if you were one of their customers, and possible gathering of further identifying information, such as services, attempt to get you to change service and asking for financial information to proceed - would possibly be like the cruise line scams where they first identify you by selection criteria, then send you to a "rep" to verify information and set up your plan.

Just a possibility of where this could go based upon previous experience with the many scam and fishing calls of other companies which appear honest at first blush.

They could always flip the call to this is Bell, you are with Rogers aren't you?

Has anyone else experienced this call?  Just to raise my concern about this particular call.

Why do I answer unknown, unknown, some would ask - I have frequent interactions with professionals where their numbers and information are not disclosed for confidentiality reasons, so unfortunately, I have to pick them up.

Bruce

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Weird. I got the same call on the weekend too. The guy identified he was from Rogers Cable and he also asked if I have any service from bell and when I was trying to answer him he flat out hung up on me which was kinda rude and very unprofessional.

Rogers 'Promotions Department' Scam

Beware!

416-429-2387 called me.  Said he'd save me a bunch of money switching my to Rogers Home Phone.  The funny this is he called me on my ROGERS HOME PHONE! LOL.

I phoned a friend of mine who works for Rogers and she said definantely not Rogers.

Anyway, I called him a scammer and told him where to go, he hung up.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-416-429-2387

Phone #: 416-429-2387

I receive a call from this number every single day but when I pick up, no one answers and then the call ends.

@cshell23 wrote:

I receive a call from this number every single day but when I pick up, no one answers and then the call ends.

call Rogers and ask them to block the number

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats