New Phone with New SIM Card but Same Number, No Signal?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

New Phone with New SIM Card but Same Number, No Signal?

I bought the Nokia Lumia 920 and got it in the mail today. With it, I received a new SIM Card even though I would be keeping the same number as my previous. When I loaded the SIM Card into my phone and turned it on, it said I had no signal. So i restarted the phone and tried again, No signal again. Is there an activation process I need to do?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Phone with New SIM Card but Same Number, No Signal?

I just realized I'm in the wrong section... sorry.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ibsimon

You need to activate that micro sim card. When activating it, the old sim card will deactivate & will not be able to be used. You will keep the same exact number you have, you are just changing sim cards. That is all

You can activate the sim card by Calling Rogers & speaking to a rep & ask them to activate it for you. You will need to give them the numbers on the sim card.

You can also do it online threw My Rogers. Sign into My Rogers - Overview - Switch Sim Card.

You will need your old sim card as you will need to add that number & then add the new sim card number.
I've Been Around

I just set up my micro sim for the iPhone 4 withthe same number as my previous phone but it still says no signal. Does the sim card deactivate by itself or is there something I have to do to get the phone to work?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slts

You need to activate the new sim card with Rogers. If you already have done this, try to restart the phone and see if it will work. The old sim card u had will will deactivate and the new one will activate.