New Pay-As-You-Go "Message not Sent" on Nexus 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

New Pay-As-You-Go "Message not Sent" on Nexus 4

Hello. I have a Nexus 4 running on android 4.2.2 . I am located in Vancouver. Yesterday I just bought and activated a pay-as-you-go number, opting for the 75cent + $10 (2500 text messages) for travelling uses over the summer and adding $20. Today I took out my old sim and inserted my rogers sim. I changed my networks to rogers and they sent me a text saying the 10$ was taken off my account and 2500 text messages was activated. I tried sending out a text message to one of my friends and it said "message not sent" I tried multiple times with different people and the same thing occured.

I also tried to set up a MyRogers account. When I go to overview or getting started it tells me "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

I downloaded the My Account app as well and it tells me that it is unable to authenticate my account to tell me to turn off wifi and connect to rogers wireless network. When I turn off my wifi, it tells me "my account is currently not avaliable. Sorry but we are unable to display your details at this time. Please try again later. Please be advised that there is a......."

1. How do I fix my text messaging problem?

2. What is up with MyRogers?

Thanks. 

EDIT: I am able to send a text message to myself, and recieve it as well. Friend #1 uses rogers as well, Friend #2 uses koodoo, also tried with 3 other people which I don't know which service they are using and the error persists. 

EDIT #2: The SMSC is currently: "+17057969300", 1 45

I have tried resetting my APN to the deafult one as well as selecting rogers

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Pay-As-You-Go "Message not Sent" on Nexus 4

OMG. I figured out how to fix it. I had to delete the thread (all previous messages sent with my old sim) in order for it to work. If anyone could tell me another way to do this without having to delete my threads, it would be great. If not, I'm fine anyways.

Still wondering about the MyRogers account though

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Pay-As-You-Go "Message not Sent" on Nexus 4

Are you talking about Rogers My Account?  That's probably for viewing account information for postpaid customers.  Since you are on prepaid, that app probably wouldn't work for you.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation