New Nextbox WILL NOT UPDATE!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

New Nextbox WILL NOT UPDATE!

I just upgraded to a new NEXTBOX well refurbished, and was excited to get it home and check out the new enhanced guide... but low and behold I am still dealing with the old guide system that I have been staring at for the last 8yrs or so... ... Then I receive an email from ROGERS explaining how to update to the new Guide, but of course I head to my settings and the options I was to look for are not there.

Anyone have any clue how I need to go about updating from the old guide system to the new, so I dont have to spend an hour on the phone with them.

Thanks.

**edited for content**

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New Nextbox WILL NOT UPDATE!

To update the Nextbox to the new software, it will take around 24-48 hours from the time you asked to do the upgrade. This is how it works.

You also need to call Rogers cable department & have them install the update threw your account. The online way most of the times does not work. Tell them you got a box with the old software & you want the new IPG software. They will add it & tell you it may take around 24 - 48 hours for the update to come. You need to wait until it comes. It will not take minutes or a hour after you asked for it.

If you want it really bad ( in which it sounds like you do) Speak to a manager & complain about it. Most of the times a Manager at cable can zap it to your box within minutes but that will only happen if you already asked for it & waited the 24-48 hours & never got it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To update the Nextbox to the new software, it will take around 24-48 hours from the time you asked to do the upgrade. This is how it works.

You also need to call Rogers cable department & have them install the update threw your account. The online way most of the times does not work. Tell them you got a box with the old software & you want the new IPG software. They will add it & tell you it may take around 24 - 48 hours for the update to come. You need to wait until it comes. It will not take minutes or a hour after you asked for it.

If you want it really bad ( in which it sounds like you do) Speak to a manager & complain about it. Most of the times a Manager at cable can zap it to your box within minutes but that will only happen if you already asked for it & waited the 24-48 hours & never got it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the help, would have loved if they provided me with that info when I picked it up.

Thanks again!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Two things. Make sure you actually really really really want the new guide. It is not for everyone and a lot of people don't like it. I still do, but I'm also a Guinea pig kind of guy lol.
Second, when the update comes through, leave the box alone for about an hour. The update takes a long time and it is made up of several components.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

And like a lot of technological major upgrades of modules and firmware/software, it can take a few days to completely "settle in" as you use it, so expect some bugs along the way.  A reboot usually resolves it.  The sensible thing would be for them to be sending out boxes with the latest builds, but that is not the way they have chosen to do it.

If a tech installed it, they usally push the updates down before they leave.

Try and be patient, it will settle in with time, and no they often don't tell you this up front.  We all count on the forum members to help us understand what is going on.  It is a good group, with lots of experience, but always remember, none of us represent Rogers, we are just a user group - good luck with your new box.  If it has problems along the way, which some do (they are refurbished afterall), then call in the issues.

Bruce