cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nextbox Navigator

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

My wife was just moving through the new navigator and has the following questions, concerns.

The first screens for the guide are fine, but the fonts are a bit small, even on a 46 inch TV. We are all getting old, let's not forget us.

In the section for listing and managing recordings, the boxes cut off the full names of the shows, don't show dates, would rather have option of old list style with all details right in one spot.

When looking at multiple shows, you have to go to each listed show recorded, but there is no reference to the date until you highlight the show. Then this highlighted information on the show is even smaller and I have almost perfect vision after my cataract surgury, and I can barely read it. My wife can't read it at all. You do have the date on the top right that is in a bigger font, but the show information is almost unreadable and my 24 year old daughter who just came in also comment that it is almost unreadable.

Is there an option for increasing font size and changing to a list view rather than the boxes on the list of the recordings page. Don't like the box feature or the way the contents view at all for the above reasons. See little or benefit for this change.

Otherwise, I am kind of indifferent to the new layout, but do like some features.  I will probably turn off the banner across the bottom off in settings. I can get the same information from the guide.

Yes, there is a bit of getting used to change, but some of this change seems to be change for the sake of change. I do like that it takes less clicking to move around though, it just the display formats and font sizes that are creating legitimate problems for my family.

BS

***Edited Labels***

1,698 REPLIES 1,698

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

BH-TW
I Plan to Stick Around

I've gotten a number or email notifications this afternoon and they all point to "Not Found". Has the thread been closed or have people's posts been removed?

rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If i was a betting man, I would say the latter

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@the_Weed wrote:

I've gotten a number or email notifications this afternoon and they all point to "Not Found". Has the thread been closed or have people's posts been removed?

Posts are being constantly edited by moderators for content unaceptable to Rogers. You get notfications in threads you're following as soon as they're posted, but if Rogers edits or moves the post, your email link won't work. In my experence, most "edited" posts aren't even changed, but it does wreak havoc trying to follow a thread.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

unun4848
I Plan to Stick Around

You can hide all of the French channels through Settings. I would not be a customer if this wasn't possible.

Be grateful if you have not yet been blessed with this poorly designed software. Thank goodness I still have my two Explorer PVRs on my other TV sets.