New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@OLDYELLR  Be sure none of us know where you live - because if we get fed up with the Navigatr we may sneek into your house and 'borrow' such a priceless (working) machine.   🙂

And I may pick up a few SA 8300's if I find I can't stomach the Navigatr any longer.  I used to have a couple of them - LONG ago - and I found I could keep one turned off while I used the other, and when I was finished with the other, I'd hit power and the other one would come on and I'd use that one.  That way, even though they operate on the same remote control frequency, I could effectively use two PVR's at the same time.

And sometimes, if they were both off - I would just point the remote at weird places in the room - and after hitting Power a bunch of times, eventually I would get ONE of them to turn on or off while the other didn't.  (I hope that all makes sense.)

But the ability to use 2 of those boxes at the same time allowed me to record 4 programs at the same time.  But that reminds me of the time back when I had just stopped using my VCR's - and you might not believe it, but back in the time of analog Rogers Cable, I had a video wall with about 10 TV's - and at one point I had a dozen VCR's hooked up.  Some of you might have seen similar type setups - with lots of TV's.  When there was some crisis on the news I could turn on ALL the news channels and then switch my main (largest) TV to the channel that was the most interesting.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The gremlins have hit me here in Ottawa/Orleans. I have 3 Nextbox3’s, this morning all scheduled recordings have disappeared. Recorded programs are OK. Looks like Navigatr  is about to be let loose on us. Good help us.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@jbulach

It sounds like you're new to Navigatr so you might not be familiar with how the recording section works. ALL recordings (both Recorded and Scheduled) show up within the same "tile"...... there's no separate listing for scheduled shows.

Therefore, you have to go into each tile where you'll find tabs for Recorded and Scheduled. On the Scheduled tab is where you'll see how many (if any) recordings have been scheduled.

Good luck!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have Navigatr, go figure.
Highlighted

So when is Rogers going to tell us WHY they've made these massive changes to the PVR interface?

Moderators:  Please tell us WHY Rogers is switching from the list view of our programs to the tile version that EVERYBODY HATES!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sounds like there should have been consultations with customers and usuability session which is what a well run development shop would have done.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got a automated phone call from Rogers, telling me what a nice person I am and thanks for the business. They ended by telling me that my new Navigtr is coming shortly. I guess I better be on the alert this weekend.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the call too - the recorded voice sounded so excited and enthusiastic like this will be the best thing since sliced bread!

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but if people are still experiencing major problems with this lastest roll out, isn't it borderline vandalism to keep going with it?

Highlighted

I got an email noting that this upgrade will come to your NextBox automatically over the next few weeks. 

IMO That's a rather vague time frame.  It woujld be nice if they could narrow it down a bit.  Actually I would prefer to get an email saying that the rollout was being delayed until they can get the bugs eliminated and get it working properly.