New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

I absolutely HATE the new Navigator software!!! Instead of being an upgrade, it's actually a downgrade as many previous features are no longer available while the new options are confusing and require more steps. Here is my list of what needs fixing ASAP:

1. Replace the "new" icon on the Recordings tab with something more sensible, since it makes people think there's a new recording available to watch instead of it being a new recording set.
  2. Provide more information on both recorded and scheduled shows. Before, you had info on the channel, date and time and now this is gone.
  3. The integration of recorded and scheduled programs is a total fail and requires more (confusing) work to navigate. Bring back separate lists! There is now no indication of how many programs of a particular show have been recorded or how many are scheduled to be recorded---this used to be available before. Also, "recorded" is now misleading as the tab shows both recorded and scheduled recordings.
  4. Before, there was a list of scheduled series available that you could easily manage. You could prioritize programs, change recording setting or delete them with one simple click. I really relied on this list and now this is gone. Now, if you happen to watch and then delete the last show of a scheduled series without first painstakingly going over to the "Scheduled" tab and choosing to cancel all future recordings, that program icon will continue to appear and there is no way to delete it. I've tried with several old show icons, even resetting---not just rebooting---the box yet they are still there.  Other times, the icon disappears, presumably to reappear when new shows start up again. But this would only work if the settings for the new shows are exactly the same (same channel, same time/day,etc.) and now there's no way to change the settings for upcoming shows. 
  5. Similarly, there used to be a list of recorded programs that you could view by date, channel, etc.  This is now gone.
  6. The font (light gray on white background) is tiny and hard to read now that images rather than text dominate Navigatr.

I can't believe that Navigatr was tested by Rogers subscribers before being released (or paying closer attention to the disastrous results when it was first released in SW Ontario in the summer) as these and many more issues would have been glaringly obvious. Calling customer support is useless---techs answering the phones can't provide any help nor do they seem familiar with the differences between the old and new software.  Apparently, there will be a software upgrade mid Jan 2016 but that will likely just address older problems (erasing of hard drive contents, etc.). Meanwhile, I'm stuck with this "upgrade" and no way of going back to the older version---I asked and Rogers is not supporting the older version anymore.

I am seriously considering switching over to Bell or doing away with cable altogether. Navigatr is a joke.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

beaches wrote:
  1. Provide more information on both recorded and scheduled shows. Before, you had info on the channel, date and time and now this is gone.

I don't know what the RTN recording list showed, but the SARA list does not show the channel for recorded shows, only for scheduled recordings.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

RTN (pre-Navigatr) shows the Date, Time & Program length on the List view in the My Recordings and SCheduled Recordings views.  If you highlight a program with the "cursor" then down below it also shows the description for the program and the channel # and name (the 5 letters Rogers uses).

You don't have to go opening up useless bathroom tiles for every recording to find the information.

Highlighted

@beaches wrote:

I absolutely HATE the new Navigator software!!! Instead of being an upgrade, it's actually a downgrade as many previous features are no longer available while the new options are confusing and require more steps. Here is my list of what needs fixing ASAP:

I can't believe that Navigatr was tested by Rogers subscribers before being released (or paying closer attention to the disastrous results when it was first released in SW Ontario in the summer) as these and many more issues would have been glaringly obvious.

I am seriously considering switching over to Bell or doing away with cable altogether. Navigatr is a joke.

It's actually WORSE than a downgrade.  A downgrade would have been the look of the previous RTN 5.1 version with a few features missing.  This is an absolute abomination.  Sort of like what you'd expect a class of kindergarten students to churn out the day after you taught them how to program. 

Rogers (and Espial) should be hanging their heads in shame over this one.  Espial got their punishment, their stock price fell off a cliff on Oct 28.  Rogers hasn't been punished as much, though their stock price has steadily fallen since Oct 28. 

As to Navigatr being tested by Rogers subscribers before it was released.  IT WASN'T !

It was (supposedly) tested by Rogers employees.  Therein lies a MAJOR misjudgement on Rogers part.

1) Employees are afraid of losing their jobs, and therefore would not be critical enough.

2) Employees don't pay for this garbage (unlike the poor sods Rogers refers to condescendingly as customers - victims would be a more appropriate term) and therefore would not be critical enough.

From reports of their recent attempt at correcting this (which I certainly HOPE is not what they intend to infect the rest of Ontario with) they haven't done near enough to address the massive list of shortcomings and bugs in Navigatr.  If it rolls out to me in this form I will give it an extensive test for 24 hours.  If it is anywhere near as bad as what they rolled out to the poor downtrodden masses in the unfortunate areas around the GTA back in July then the next day I'm signing up for Bell Fibe and goodbye to ALL my Rogers services (remaining contract period or not, I DARE them to try and come after me for as much as a penny if they infect me with this pathetic, amateurish, diseased software).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

We have just survived the 4th REBOOT of the day. After the 4th reboot it initially  showed zero  recordings!

Then the PVR shut down, and when we restarted it our recordings were present! 

This has all happened  in Brampton.

We are starting to consider our other options!!

PVR was turned off and I just noticed it commenced the 5th Reboot of the day!

Highlighted

Tar, feathers & pitchforks down at Rogers Headquarters at 333 Bloor St E ?   Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@ozham wrote:

We have just survived the 4th REBOOT of the day. After the 4th reboot it initially  showed zero  recordings!

Then the PVR shut down, and when we restarted it our recordings were present! 

This has all happened  in Brampton.

We are starting to consider our other options!!

PVR was turned off and I just noticed it commenced the 5th Reboot of the day!

Looks like a dud machine or a perhaps a bad power supply.  Are you using the same power supply and cord as the 1st machine ?  Either way, Rogers will replace both for you.

In my case Rogers gave me a refurb after a software download back in August. and one of my NB3 machines died.

After a short while it was acting strange and I swapped for yet another machine, which so far works fine.

GENERAL ISSUE: ROGERS PLEASE RESPOND.

Q: What testing does Rogers do on returned PVRs and set-top boxes?

My guess: When a customer returns PVR,  Rogers tests(?) by turning it on and doing a factory reset.

If it is able to do that,  Rogers then shrink wraps it and puts back on the shelf for the next customer.

Leaving it to the next customer to find a any more subtle or longer-term problems. 

Perhaps (or perhaps not) they may chuck a machine if it comes back a second time?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Tar, feathers & pitchforks down at Rogers Headquarters at 333 Bloor St E ?   Smiley Wink

DITTO !

@beaches

Your concerns sound exactly like July 28th (when this all started) all over again.

R U in the beaches?   I.e. of the the newly infected with Navigatr ?

GENERAL ISSUE:

Rogers, please provide a list of differences between Navigatr1 and 2 ?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes NeilPalmer400, I live in the Beaches in Toronto. Navigatr was downloaded into my box a couple of days ago.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I doubt Rogers does more than a factory reset on returned PVRs. I own my Rogers PVR and when the first box was giving me trouble I had to make a BIG fuss until they finally agreed to give me a brand new box. But for those who rent, chances are you will have to keep swapping boxes until you get one that is bug-free.