New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hi everyone,

Here are some more details on the rollout plan: For now we’re taking a slower approach with a relatively small group of customers in the downtown area and GTA that will be getting the update this week. Some customers who had the initial version may be included in this week’s update, and the remainder of customers will be get the updated version in the coming weeks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Could this explin why my box has been rebooting every few minutes for the past 22-23 hours?

Was the Brooklin / Whitby area one of the ones where the roll out was planned? Or better still, can you tell us how to determine which areas are being targetted with updates?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMargaret

Thanks for the updates. As someone who has Navigatr and has lost all my recordings on more than a couple occasions as a result of "updates" and subsequent factory resets being required, I'd like to know if I'm going to be included in this latest update. At the very least, customers should be given appropriate notice that we could, once again, lose our recordings.

Will Rogers provide specifics of who's getting the latest rollout? 

I look foward to getting a response as we all know our comments are read and monitored!

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hi everyone,

Here are some more details on the rollout plan: For now we’re taking a slower approach with a relatively small group of customers in the downtown area and GTA that will be getting the update this week. Some customers who had the initial version may be included in this week’s update, and the remainder of customers will be get the updated version in the coming weeks.

@so upper lack-of-management @ Rogers has now decided to chicken out after nearly 5 months of Navigatr.

Come on Rogers, show some backbone !

EITHER ROLL THE DICE WITH NAVIGATR2, OR ROLL-BACK TIME !

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Attila_,

@Attila_ wrote:

@RJ_74 wrote:

@billmcintyre  I think you're right, but the way things are going, I think they are going to lose even more customers if they keep this new guide.

Other than a few minor details, it appears that nothing has been improved at all.  Why do we still have to go into My Recordings to see Scheduled Recordings...The old guide was so simple, you could sort Recordings & Scheduled Recordings by Date, Title, Channel & Series.  Please get rid of the Tiles and bring back Scheduled recordings on a separate tab.

Also note on the third clip, around 1:04, where images are now shown instead of the show title. The interface now nicely covers up the lower part of the image and if the title happens to be there, you can admire the picture without knowing what the heck it is.

Furthermore, we still don't have the time, the channel and the length of the recording if it was not part of a series.

As for the images, they can have them on the search page, but no use having them in the recorded program list. Netflix is different, because you are searching for something to watch and a picture might grab your attention. Looking through my recorded programs, I am interested in the program length and date of recording, not the silly picture that I will see all the time.

Exactly as I was going to observe, but, in keeping with Rogers' high level of programming we've all come to expect, I timed out, and then couldn't log back in for over an hour. In fact, I probably couldn't still, but I switched browsers.

For a minute there I thought I'd been banned!

BTW same with the lousy Tiles -- put the AdverTiles (TM) on the individual program screen -- no need to have a Tile-based index at all. Trust me when I say that I will *NEVER* buy *ANY* of the shows AdverTiled (TM) in the PVR. Images are for illiterates.

Attila here has hit the nail smack on the head with this one.

Regards,

Mr. A

(They call me *MISTER* A -- no relation to Mister T...)

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Will you be proactively warning these people that they will be the ones getting this 'update'?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Gdkitty

@Gdkitty wrote:

While i do agree, on a PVR itself, and myself will likely not be overlly fond of it.... Tiles are NOT the way to go.

I can see why they are trying to go that way/emulate that.

Where is Rogers and other traditional TV providers loosing their subscribers to?

Netflix, Kodi, Hulu, all these STREAMING type services..
Where generally on all their interfaces from phone to their TV connected boxes.. use what type of interface?
You got it.. TILES.

My guess is they are trying to apease to that croud. 
(though its kind of pointless, as they likely have lost those people already... and will then loose MORE likely over this)

They're losing viewers to Netflix etc., because Netflix is NINE DOLLARS A MONTH and Cablecos are TEN TIMES AS MUCH, not because of the stupid tiles.

Regardless of the cost, Tiles are purely a poor interface choice with no cost benefits (or any other kind), but if Rogers would take $9/mo for their TV I'm sure they would not lose a single subscriber to Netflix, et al.

Merry Christmas,

Mr. A

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @billmcintyre,

@billmcintyre wrote:

And why are tiles more effective in 'selling' movies to us?  Because each little tile as an advertisement that has been carefully created as an image that will appeal to us.  You are MUCH more likely to pay their $5.99 or more to buy a VOD movie when you see a shrunk down movie poster than when you just see the title of the movie - as in a list - as in the current (non-Navigatr) format.

And that's what tiles are.  Little shrunk down movie posters.   Advertisements.  Carefully produced publicity posters designed to be attractive to lure you into wanting to see the movie.  (and PAY for it.)

And this becomes more obvious when you notice that Rogers search results heavily favor PAID choices such as VOD - or results that show programs paying on channels you DON'T subscribe to - but, miracle - Rogers provides you an easy and quick option to 'subscribe' to that channel (and worry about paying for it later.)

Respectfully, I don't agree -- at least in my case, movie posters (and the tiles are hardly posters - more like postage stamps -- I can barely see them) have never influenced me to see / buy a movie, so if that's their strategy, then good luck.

You don't believe me?  Then ask anybody at Rogers WHY they REFUSE to go back to the list format?  Ask them WHY they keep pushing tiles on us.  I'll betcha $10,000 that nobody can give you a good (and honest) answer.

I can -- their executives can't 'save face' if they roll back the interface -- it's an admission of incompetence. I've seen it over and over again. It's a psychological fact that never admitting you're wrong (for any large scale disaster) is generally a winning strategy. (Please make the cheque out to 'Mr. A'.)

Merry Christmas,

Mr. A

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Everyone,

@rgottinger wrote:

Will you be proactively warning these people that they will be the ones getting this 'update'?

I'm with Herr Gottinger here -- warn them indeed, but I have a suggestion -- why not *just* roll out N*v2 to Rogers Executives for the first six months?

Merry Christmas,

Mr. A

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rolling out to the executives, assuming that they actually use what they sell, would be the perfect starting point. Then all Rogers employees get the upgrade. Not until it is stable does it go to the public